Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Quit SA Article dept health exploring options

Quit SA Article dept health exploring options

Taken from the Quit SA website:

Deadly nicotine blows its way into e-cigarettes
    23/09/2013

A Sun-Herald investigation has found tobacconists and other businesses are selling potentially deadly nicotine products as traders seek to cash in on the boom in electronic cigarettes.

Research suggests battery-powered e-cigarette devices could be a safer alternative to cigarettes. But the illegal nicotine-laced "e-juice" - which is heated into vapour and then inhaled from the gadgets - is the subject of growing health warnings.

Eight shops were found to be selling a range of banned nicotine formulas in bottles that carried no list of ingredients, no warnings and, in some cases, no labels. Many originate from backyard laboratories.

A spokesman for the federal Department of Health said on Friday it was "exploring options for further regulation" of electronic nicotine delivery systems.

Quit SA - Latest News
    margyb likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yeah & that's the result of the SMH article, the message of which is now being used to turn people AWAY from e-cigs.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Yeah & that's the result of the SMH article, the message of which is now being used to turn people AWAY from e-cigs.
    I would suggest its the result of people illegally selling nicotine with not so much as a list of what said bottles contain. Rather than whining and pointing at the media perhaps the community would be better off distancing themselves from those who would perform such actions? Make it very clear that as a community we do not condone the actions of people who would choose to sell such products?

It has been suggested many times that we need someone who can speak on behalf of the community and I have resisted such efforts but now I think about it there would be no real issue with me coming out and putting out a "press release" of sorts that simply says:

* AVF as a community on the whole can not be responsible for the actions of individuals who choose to engage in such practices. Individuals that do choose to engage in such practices are not representative of the entire Australian E-Cig community.

* AVF encourages its community of members to practice due diligence when choosing to engage with vendors to ensure said vendors provide the highest quality practical in regards to ingredient list, safety warnings and shipping controls in regards to minors

Yada yada yada, I am too busy to expand on it now. The thing is I dont want to speak for a community and I dont want anyone speaking for me on MOST topics. However I feel that most people would not have a problem with AVF putting out a release everytime the media points at a bad egg and saying:

"As a whole our community is not affiliated with this person and nor does it endorse the actions of them. AVF believes that vaping is blah blah blah and should be only be used by those who blah blah blah"

I guess what I am trying to say is rather than having AVF talk for people on EVERY subject that could possibly arise we could simply have a blanket statement that covers our most core principles that very clearly states we have no control nor hand in absolutely every event that may or may not occur in relation to vaping.

Hmm...still not quite making sense. Surely someone knows what I mean.

*edit*

I guess my point is to have a buffer at least where they can not point at us or anyone in this community when this behaviour is seen. We can say sure, but why are you pointing at us?
    Last edited by JatoOspry; 26-09-13 at 02:05 PM.
    Noe, margyb, mavinry4 and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Strange that a quitline is putting anything related to ecigs on it's site
    I wonder if they would put our personal testimonies as to how we quit smokes using ecigs like the ones we wrote to Andrew Wilkie on Jessamines thread

Link

E-cigarette / Personal Vapouriser Testimonials for Andrew Wilkie
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    I would suggest its the result of people illegally selling nicotine with not so much as a list of what said bottles contain. Rather than whining and pointing at the media perhaps the community would be better off distancing themselves from those who would perform such actions? Make it very clear that as a community we do not condone the actions of people who would choose to sell such products?

It has been suggested many times that we need someone who can speak on behalf of the community and I have resisted such efforts but now I think about it there would be no real issue with me coming out and putting out a "press release" of sorts that simply says:

* AVF as a community on the whole can not be responsible for the actions of individuals who choose to engage in such practices. Individuals that do choose to engage in such practices are not representative of the entire Australian E-Cig community.

* AVF encourages its community of members to practice due diligence when choosing to engage with vendors to ensure said vendors provide the highest quality practical in regards to ingredient list, safety warnings and shipping controls in regards to minors

Yada yada yada, I am too busy to expand on it now. The thing is I dont want to speak for a community and I dont want anyone speaking for me on MOST topics. However I feel that most people would not have a problem with AVF putting out a release everytime the media points at a bad egg and saying:

"As a whole our community is not affiliated with this person and nor does it endorse the actions of them. AVF believes that vaping is blah blah blah and should be only be used by those who blah blah blah"

I guess what I am trying to say is rather than having AVF talk for people on EVERY subject that could possibly arise we could simply have a blanket statement that covers our most core principles that very clearly states we have no control nor hand in absolutely every event that may or may not occur in relation to vaping.

Hmm...still not quite making sense. Surely someone knows what I mean.

*edit*

I guess my point is to have a buffer at least where they can not point at us or anyone in this community when this behaviour is seen. We can say sure, but why are you pointing at us?
    small rewrite

* As a whole our community is not affiliated with this person and nor does it endorse the actions of them. AVF believes that vaping is a suitable alternative to the combustion of tobacco products and should be only be used by those who are able to make an informed decision after careful consideration of the information available.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Has anyone suggested that AVF has anything to do with illegal nic sales? If they haven't then I don't really see any point doing a press release trying to distance AVF from anything.

The thing that is a bit worrying is there is now the belief that all nicotine used in e-cigs is of the dodgy variety, which as we all know is clearly not the case.
    Noe, margyb, mavinry4 and 1 others like this.

Doc
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama_KaZzie View Post
    small rewrite

* As a whole our community is not affiliated with this person and nor does it endorse the actions of them. AVF believes that vaping is a suitable alternative to the combustion of tobacco products and should be only be used by those who are able to make an informed decision after careful consideration of the information available.
    Who are you and why are you using an alias?
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

AVF Regular
    if anyone is to put out a press release under the AVF banner. it should be jato.

as here there is a history of distancing the board from dodgy vendors, those claiming to sell nic here, and OS vendors selling anything with a higher concentration than 10%. it wouldn't be a bad thing to have written up and refined just in case it's ever needed.

i don't think we're there yet. "exploring options" is usually code for not doing a damn thing.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who are you and why are you using an alias?
    Some weird shit happened to my account when I closed it down and rather than have Jato spend an hour trying to sort it out I re-registered.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    if anyone is to put out a press release under the AVF banner. it should be jato.

as here there is a history of distancing the board from dodgy vendors, those claiming to sell nic here, and OS vendors selling anything with a higher concentration than 10%. it wouldn't be a bad thing to have written up and refined just in case it's ever needed.

i don't think we're there yet. "exploring options" is usually code for not doing a damn thing.
    I am not about to release anything and I did not really mean a press release. Basically I was just talking about having a page off the main domain that re-inforces a positive message of the goals as seen by me as the owner of AVF.

When boiled down all it would really say is "AVF encourages responsible usage, etc etc". Generic, truthful, to the point and not open to alternative translations.
    Noe, mavinry4, JenJ and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast