Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Debate and Argument Etiquette

  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    2,261
    I play GTA V to quell my anger
    Last edited by juddyau; 28-09-13 at 01:05 AM.

  2. #22
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Well when people have cancer they get it removed, If any other outburst happens in the public I hope they get banned from here, The one thing you left out is that people should own up for their actions. What do you think people should be allowed to ruin what we have and we take it tongue and cheek?. Naaaa we need firm guidelines for venders views, from what we've seen and what the future might takes us to by them. If its not in our best interest then piss them off. fullstop. period. end of sentence.
    Jeff
    I think the point is that what you view as a cancer, is different to what others see. Irrespective of whether or not 20 others agree with you.
    AVF is just a bunch of people who only genuinely have 2 things in common:
    1. We vape.
    2. We happen to live in Australia.

    Yes, we built a nice community here. That's great. But we're going to disagree on fundamental levels on a wide variety of things.
    I don't think AVF as a whole should hold any individual responsible for actions that do not directly impact the running of the forum.
    Obviously aside from keeping to the rules, I don't think anyone really has any responsibility to answer to you or anyone else here.

    People constantly suggesting that vendors are incapable of having an opinion that doesn't favour money is ridiculous. Without vapers they have no business.
    Who are we to say what people can and can't say? Because someone's ideology doesn't mesh with yours, does that mean it's wrong?
    Is being a member of AVF and an autonomous individual mutually exclusive?

    The best interests of Australian vapers and future vapers? Readily available nic liquids and vape gear. That is the way forward, we should all be able to agree on that.

    The only things I'd like to see in future discussions is less lynch mob, less death threats, actual logic, evidence, facts, and civility.

    Edit: Suggesting we formulate a set of rules and guidelines to control the ideology of others sounds awfully fascist.
    Last edited by Rynxa; 28-09-13 at 01:32 AM.
    JenJ, alegria, Emmeline and 2 others like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

  3. #23
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Quakers Hill NSW
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    I think the point is that what you view as a cancer, is different to what others see. Irrespective of whether or not 20 others agree with you.
    AVF is just a bunch of people who only genuinely have 2 things in common:
    1. We vape.
    2. We happen to live in Australia.

    Yes, we built a nice community here. That's great. But we're going to disagree on fundamental levels on a wide variety of things.
    I don't think AVF as a whole should hold any individual responsible for actions that do not directly impact the running of the forum.
    Obviously aside from keeping to the rules, I don't think anyone really has any responsibility to answer to you or anyone else here.

    People constantly suggesting that vendors are incapable of having an opinion that doesn't favour money is ridiculous. Without vapers they have no business.
    Who are we to say what people can and can't say? Because someone's ideology doesn't mesh with yours, does that mean it's wrong?
    Is being a member of AVF and an autonomous individual mutually exclusive?

    The best interests of Australian vapers and future vapers? Readily available nic liquids and vape gear. That is the way forward, we should all be able to agree on that.

    The only things I'd like to see in future discussions is less lynch mob, less death threats, actual logic, evidence, facts, and civility.

    Edit: Suggesting we formulate a set of rules and guidelines to control the ideology of others sounds awfully fascist.
    So you would rather have someone screw it all up just for their personal gain? What kind of spell are you under? What is wrong to think that if a vender goes and speaks in public venue that his opinion is taken seriously by officials especially when we don't have really any rules to start with. And its a hot topic that the government is looking for answers for new incomes streams, since Labor left us in debt. Both state and federally and tobacco sales are dropping more and more each year and vaping is doubling each year, And when a vender craps on overseas questionable sources publicly and talks about regulating, basically close the doors for public importation and allow venders to obtain a nic import license and and funnel all the Australia ejuice purchases locally, daaaaaaaa it makes more sense for a vender to close down public 3 month international imports of nic and force everyone to buy just from a handful of venders in oz or allow hundreds of overseas venders to split the Australian market. It makes so much sense. Please just go away with closed minded views for few.
    Jeff
    necro likes this.

  4. #24
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    So you would rather have someone screw it all up just for their personal gain? What kind of spell are you under? What is wrong to think that if a vender goes and speaks in public venue that his opinion is taken seriously by officials especially when we don't have really any rules to start with. And its a hot topic that the government is looking for answers for new incomes streams, since Labor left us in debt. Both state and federally and tobacco sales are dropping more and more each year and vaping is doubling each year, And when a vender craps on overseas questionable sources publicly and talks about regulating, basically close the doors for public importation and allow venders to obtain a nic import license and and funnel all the Australia ejuice purchases locally, daaaaaaaa it makes more sense for a vender to close down public 3 month international imports of nic and force everyone to buy just from a handful of venders in oz or allow hundreds of overseas venders to split the Australian market. It makes so much sense. Please just go away with closed minded views for few.
    Jeff
    I am not under any spell. Have a look at my posting history, my only interactions with the object of your ire are minimal. I have no bias in favour of him.
    I used my reading comprehension and basic cognitive functions to figure out what's going on.

    You've missed the point entirely.

    I resent being dismissed as having a "closed minded view." You're saying my opinions and thoughts don't matter because they are in opposition to yours? The self-importance and hypocrisy is staggering in that.
    You're not seeing the bigger picture. You've got some hardcore biases and are unable to see the fundamental flaws with your line of rhetoric.

    The people who are going to get the three month supply window closed are the jerks selling nic out of tobacconists. Having this argument again when we're supposed to be talking about etiquette and conduct in discussion is pointless. A single article with a crappy quote is not going to kill us.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

  5. #25
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Quakers Hill NSW
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    The people who are going to get the three month supply window closed are the jerks selling nic out of tobacconists. Having this argument again when we're supposed to be talking about etiquette and conduct in discussion is pointless. A single article with a crappy quote is not going to kill us.
    How do you think they get there supply under a loophole we all enjoy a 3 month supply, close that and we all get screwed, You don't close one without the other, some tobacconist sell illegal ciggys under the table without any tax on them, one I knew personally, do I condone his actions ??? Hell no, the frigging government raises the taxes twice a year on it, Its to the point where people are breaking in to gas stations and robbing them, what the government doesn't get is that there should be a balance of cost and what the average person can pay for a legal addiction, It makes criminals out of people who if they weren't addicted to smokes wouldn't probably be there. Heck at $100 a carton it doesn't take much to steal a small fortune. I just think the whole thing is really screwed up. Also whats wrong with the sale of ejuice with nic locally? I've purchased it and well it wasn't tops in flavour but I'll tell you what its way better than waiting 2 weeks for a order from the USA. If those people want to sell it illegally, That's not a issue for the general public or jealous venders who do the right things, Its a issue for the government, we don't need to remind them what to do, they can screw it up very well on their own thank you. There is a thing called staying neutral, not messing with a good thing. You can see in the USA and Europe all the crap going on with regulations, taxes etc on ecig and the general public is against it, It just increases the overall prices, it kills the wide diverse selection of ejuice from overseas, and kills the basically free open market.
    Jeff
    lozza 82 likes this.

  6. #26
    Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,998
    This is Australia, not communist China.

    Wether vendor or regular user these are the realities:

    * They can say whatever they want, to whoever they want, when they want
    * You dont have to like it
    * They dont need your permission
    * They dont need to consult with you

    I am in fact reminded of a quote used quite often in the USA:

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    margyb, Rynxa, JenJ and 3 others like this.

  7. #27
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    This is Australia, not communist China.
    Exactly.

    Jeff, your manner and approach suggests totalitarian tendencies that all of us, including you, oppose when it interferes with our freedom to chose and speak (ie; about the use of ecigs).

    You can't have it both ways.
    alegria, spud and Kama_KaZzie like this.

  8. #28
    Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,998
    This thread is a clear example of how I have clearly failed to illustrate my point.


    I do not care what ANYONE says to the media or anyone else for that matter. While I respect your right to have feelings on any opinion given it grants you no right or excuse to walk around my forum abusing, threatening, insulting and berating my users.

    You have no right to spend your time constantly derailing threads with unrelated nonsense and spreading this bullshit into every corner of the community.

    If you believe that you have some position of power within this community that grants you the right to behave like a disgusting cretin towards the community I have worked hard to foster for the last few years, because someone said something you don't like, you are sorely mistaken and I will provide you with the holiday you require to find yourself another community.

    I wont have to re-iterate this again, I am sure of it.
    Quom, Rynxa, keyboardmama and 5 others like this.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 03:00 AM.