Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Debate and Argument Etiquette

AVF Regular

Debate and Argument Etiquette

If the mods see this is unnecessary, please delete.

I wrote this in response (albeit slightly more in context) to the cross-platform thread in the DM sub-forum, but m0n4g3 posted a much abridged version of this at the end of that thread before I had a chance to post. In light of recent events I think that it's appropriate.

Can't we all just play nice?

I don't want to get involved as I'm not exactly the confrontational type. I'll normally talk somebody into a coma before I get in a fight!

But, in the interest in keeping things civil, or at least stop arguments reducing to nothing other than straw man attacks and name calling (I'm not saying that's what's happening here, definitely did in the SMH thread though) from now on:

1. Please take a half hour out from AVF, calm ya tits, have a vape, watch some TV, wrap a wick and coil and come back and try to post an intelligent reply.
    2. If you can deem it appropriate, please PM the person instead of (potentially) publicly demeaning them and sort your problems out together. If it goes sour and they break rules, contact a moderator.
    3. If you're going to claim something, please prove your case and post a screenshot or some other form of evidence to support your argument. Most of the threads posted in the past few days (read: Jeff and Leon, Noe and Leon) would have been prevented if this was the case as it would have prevented the back and forth. There's proof, and then that can be discussed in a civil manner. If somebody claims something without a screenshot, screenshot it yourself and post it. No better defense than that. Don't post shops as I can tell that it is from some of the pixels and seeing some shops in my time.
    4. If somebody is really annoying you that much, don't take the troll bait. Use the ignore list and/or PM a mod. If you don't know about it, use the search function - it's been discussed recently.
    5. If you indeed still have something to say: try to argue logically, don't try to attack the man, try to keep it articulate and formal. If they respond in a childish manner, see above point. Prime example is Leon; all of his responses, save for CAPS, have all been fairly succinct and have addressed the issue.

Before you all start shooting the messenger, let me say this: I like and respect most people here very much. This includes a lot of people involved in the arguing (Jeff, Noe, Leon). All of them are nothing but helpful and friendly (for the most part), and they are all good characters, and it's not nice seeing this sort of stuff going down between them.

Friendly debate I can deal with, but if it gets to be more than that, you now know what to do.

I know how much we all love AVF, if you want to continue loving it and not get banned/lose respect you should be doing the above.
    Last edited by himynameisbunny; 27-09-13 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I don't know how to spell names lol
    margyb, m0n4g3, Itsmerobyn and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If anybody mentioned in what I have written do not want to be mentioned, please PM me about it and I'll be more than happy to remove the shout-out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks bunny, i'm not the best at being eloquent. I tend to favor the "To the point and brief" method!

BTW.... it's m0n4g3

AVF Regular
    We may need to appoint a "Sargent at Arms "...
    fifthflo likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Thanks bunny, i'm not the best at being eloquent. I tend to favor the "To the point and brief" method!

BTW.... it's m0n4g3
    put a shirt on

AVF Regular
    So no m0n4g3 m0nt4g3 will be forthcoming?

In all seriousness though, it would be nice if we had a few less trainwrecks.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Please see point 1 and 2 you two

Noe I'm sending you a PM now.
    Noe and alegria like this.

Super Moderator
    Guys...

Keep it in PM ffs. You are both warned. Next time i see this shit get out of hand i will use the ban stick even if you are a vendor ffs.

BTW... i do this for free during my work hours... where i get paid... more than likely a shittonne more than either one of you... put together.

Pull your heads out of your asses and deal with it like adults... or i will make sure that it is dealt with next time.

AVF Regular
    so. with your massive wage...do you need an assistant. who's sole duty is to make sure that any doritos you have are never left uneaten?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    so. with your massive wage...do you need an assistant. who's sole duty is to make sure that any doritos you have are never left uneaten?
    An assistant? No.... i just need people to grow up! Then i can concentrate on my proper job without feeling guilty of leaving the rest of the mods to deal with approx:

Babies 5,500 Active Babies 965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast