Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: should we approach change.org?

should we approach change.org?

just wondering, with all this political attention whether we should look at starting a petition on change.org? they do seem to get attention and have been used to good success.

thoughts? I think its past the time where we can just try and hide

I mean this to address both local sale and personal importation, primarily the latter. notice my location

also to be clear, the point would be for people as a whole to make themselves heard; I have no desire to be a spokesman, quite the opposite.

here

http://www.change.org/en-AU
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 27-09-13 at 10:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    just wondering, with all this political attention whether we should look at starting a petition on change.org? they do seem to get attention and have been used to good success.

thoughts? I think its past the time where we can just try and hide

I mean this to address both local sale and personal importation, primarily the latter. notice my location

also to be clear, the point would be for people as a whole to make themselves heard; I have no desire to be a spokesman, quite the opposite.
    Well the winds of change are starting to blow anyway. If it can possible do any good at all then we probably should. It will take a great many signatures to have a positive affect though. A few thousand isn't going to rock the boat, which means it would have to be a full on campaign I'm afraid.
    necro likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    what political attention?

a couple articles, buried deep, and a few minutes on sbs 2, and even less time buried deep into a light news program who's main personality is a breakfast radio host?

petition for what?

are you living in a bubble? or just trolling again?

also just in case you arent clear, mainstream front page press coverage does not equate to political attention. we do not want the decisions made on the sly, while waiting for it to be front page news. you can be absolutely certain there is significant dialogue happening 'off camera' we have to be proactive, unless we want to be just another country stuck trying to appeal the decisions that have already been made.

so, as much as I want to be inclusive, perhaps you could leave your contribution for another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    what political attention?

a couple articles, buried deep, and a few minutes on sbs 2, and even less time buried deep into a light news program who's main personality is a breakfast radio host?

petition for what?
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 27-09-13 at 10:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    I think this is a Great Idea, Will they Petition the Gov and Include all Relevant Documents and Studies to Support the Cause??

Its about time Chappy was put in his place i.e. the Local Retirement Village......

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well the winds of change are starting to blow anyway. If it can possible do any good at all then we probably should. It will take a great many signatures to have a positive affect though. A few thousand isn't going to rock the boat, which means it would have to be a full on campaign I'm afraid.
    yeah it varies how many signatories are needed, depending on what it is. if we want to take this on state by state or federal will make a big difference what is needed too. I think we would be surprised how many non-vapers/non-smokers will sign and it may also be a good avenue for finding lawyers that may be interested in getting behind us. this issue is wider than the vaping community or smokers.

i'm just starting dialogue on the issue, I expect it to evolve, I dont have a specific vision for this and what I want to happen, so dont be an idiot please smash
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 27-09-13 at 10:20 PM.

yep thats the idea, we will have to drive it, but I am sure they will get behind us. documents are fine and great if we can get more accurate coverage that would be a win in itself. What we need most IMO is people/faces/voices on record in support; emotion will be what turns this tide, education is part of that; an important part, but todays world does not really care all that much for fact; its about the story.

that being said, getting gen 2 and/or 3 PVs included in the trials at UQ would be a good cause, but I fear it may be too late by the time thats finished and is almost a separate issue.

there is a ready audience that are in general more openminded/progressive that read the change.org mailouts.

so I guess what i'm saying is, can we try and come up with some bulletpoint goals we can breakdown and see if we can tackle them 1 by 1?

Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    I think this is a Great Idea, Will they Petition the Gov and Include all Relevant Documents and Studies to Support the Cause??

Its about time Chappy was put in his place i.e. the Local Retirement Village......
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 27-09-13 at 10:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    i'm just starting dialogue on the issue, I expect it to evolve, I dont have a specific vision for this and what I want to happen,
    How about for a start, getting the silly law in Queensland changed that makes possession of nicotine illegal. I believe this was the basis for the seizures a few years ago: Deadly e-cigarettes seized | Rockhampton Morning Bulletin

The fact that Sophie Dwyer was put in her place and imports were allowed to continue shows that the law is outdated and obsolete. Queensland still remains the only state were possession is technically illegal however, and how long before some idiot decides to make another example of himself? Queensland Health are still peddling their rubbish after all:
    http://www.health.qld.gov.au/news/me...e_cigs0515.pdf

They have never released a correction for this misleading press release or done a follow-up.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.