Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By Pleski

Thread: 2 great articles by the Economist on regulation in US/Euro

AVF Regular

2 great articles by the Economist on regulation in US/Euro

margyb, gtadmin, dvietrod and 8 others like this.

both very interesting articles

The title of the second one "Kodak moment" instantly had me thinking about the failure of Eastman Kodak to adapt to a changing market place, unfortunately BT and BP seem all too aware and are making moves to cover it by what ever means they can.

Phillip Morris is already behind the curve with their plans to produce a dry matter vaporiser, these are already available and most commonly used by cannabis users

AVF Regular
    I have friends with these contraptions. I get the feeling by the time you've set it up you coulda had a couple. I don't see them use it much.
    Kama_KaZzie likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    I have friends with these contraptions. I get the feeling by the time you've set it up you coulda had a couple. I don't see them use it much.
    Technology has moved on rapidly! I know a few young people who are using some pretty effective ones exclusively. Teenagers and young adults are fully aware of the dangers of inhaling smoke, and they are also aware of the lack of evidence suggesting cannabis is dangerous, or at least any more dangerous than legal drugs.

They are clever, do their research and make informed choices. Although you can't get this vaporiser in Australia it's widely used in Europe, Canada and the US. Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

I've seen this one used here and it's tiny, discreet and effective. Magic-Flight.com - Official Home of the Launch Box Vaporizer

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Technology has moved on rapidly! I know a few young people who are using some pretty effective ones exclusively. Teenagers and young adults are fully aware of the dangers of inhaling smoke, and they are also aware of the lack of evidence suggesting cannabis is dangerous, or at least any more dangerous than legal drugs.

They are clever, do their research and make informed choices. Although you can't get this vaporiser in Australia it's widely used in Europe, Canada and the US. Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

I've seen this one used here and it's tiny, discreet and effective. Magic-Flight.com - Official Home of the Launch Box Vaporizer
    The big problem I see with those is that you'll still be getting any VOCs that are in the tobacco

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama_KaZzie View Post
    The big problem I see with those is that you'll still be getting any VOCs that are in the tobacco
    Harm minimisation, I guess. What are VOC's?

Super Moderator
    Volatile Organic Compounds
    Kama_KaZzie likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

went looking for a list but the ones that looked promising were behind pay-walls

AVF Regular
    yeah..saw that MFLB..looked nice and small. if i enjoyed basil more frequently i'd probably put my money on that one.

AVF Regular
    Yes, the quote " pharmaceutical firms.... are lobbying for curbs on e-cigarettes, a competitor to their nicotine patches and other quitting aids. " is an eye opener.

Follow the money.....
    avtek likes this.