Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Rynxa
  • 3 Post By mavinry4
  • 2 Post By Cumulonimbus
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By aussievapes

Thread: Health Canada has mostly sat on its hands after vowing to stop the sale of e-cigarett

AVF Regular

Health Canada has mostly sat on its hands after vowing to stop the sale of e-cigarett

Vendors ask to be regulated | Chatham Daily News

Have a read. Canadians are in a similar position to Australians regarding vaping at the moment.

Take this as you will. I know certain people have a certain view of me because I some how have the ability to read and use sources, facts and logic when interacting with the world around me.

I didn't write this. I found it linked on tumblr by Grimgreen.
    Last edited by Rynxa; 29-09-13 at 05:23 AM.
    margyb, mavinry4 and Pipesub like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

she wants Health Canada to create real regulations that require testing. Both also applaud the agency for shutting down a Quebec vendor who made claims of health benefits — the only time the agency has shut down a vendor, as far as the two know.

Consumers want sensible regulations, too, said Matthew Stanko. He’s part of an advocacy group that started in May, Canadians Advocating Vapers Rights, that already has 381 members.
    In summary, we consumers want regulation, not strangulation.

I don't understand people who call for no regulation. Nicotine sales are illegal in Australia. This means they are already regulated. In fact, the ban on nicotine sales makes them over-regulated. I think we all need to be sensible about this.

When we have both an ecig consumer advocates group and an ecig trade association communicating with each other over regulative policy, we'll start getting somewhere.
    Rynxa, spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    In summary, we consumers want regulation, not strangulation.

I don't understand people who call for no regulation. Nicotine sales are illegal in Australia. This means they are already regulated. In fact, the ban on nicotine sales makes them over-regulated. I think we all need to be sensible about this.

When we have both an ecig consumer advocates group and an ecig trade association communicating with each other over regulative policy, we'll start getting somewhere.
    yup, just what I was saying the other night during the trollfest.
    mavinry4 and spud like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    yup, just what I was saying the other night during the trollfest.
    I hate trollfests.

I wish we could regulate the trollfests on AVF.

Simple regulation makes sense for nic liquid to be available for sale in Aus., I highly doubt sales will be allowed without some kind of regulation.
    The thing is we need to advocate for the type of regulation we want or sit back & just take what is thrown at us.
    Last edited by Noe; 29-09-13 at 06:55 AM.
    mavinry4 and spud like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Well Canada is different to Australia, actually just the opposite, there are brick and mortar stores and vaping cafe's in Montreal, Ottawa, Niagara Falls, Vancouver the online venders sell e-juiuce with nic, They are allowed to export e-juice with nic but not import it, I know I buy it from my brothers website .
    Jeff
    dhans likes this.