Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Dr Coral gardner On e-cigarettes

Dr Coral gardner On e-cigarettes

Finally an australian Dr with an Unbiased Opinion,very encouraging For her upcoming study @ the queensland university,Great listening.

Dr Coral Gartner on E-Cigarettes - 2SER - Real Radio 107.3 FM
    Last edited by necro; 29-09-13 at 12:45 PM.
    Noe, margyb, mavinry4 and 4 others like this.

Dr Coral Gartner's clinical trial will be using single low voltage cigarette-lookalike ecigs, most likely with prefilled cartomizers.

Expect a less than 10% quit rate similar to that of the NZ study.

Expect Simeon Chimpman and other ecig opponents to generalize the results across the entire ecig market, claiming that no ecig is effective and that they're just a ploy by big tobacco to keep people smoking and hook new generations of smokers.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 2 others like this.

well, while she sounds like a nice lady that does actually want to know. I heard the same old catch phrases and as mentioned above, they are using lame cigalikes.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Link to radio
    http://www.2ser.com/component/k2/ite...n-e-cigarettes

I did email her on 31 july and offered to help
    Not sure what ecigs they will be using

copy of reply

Dear Margaret,
    Many thanks for taking the time to email me the link to Dr Dawkins research and for volunteering to help with our research on e-cigarette use. I assume you have completed the online registration form to join our research volunteer database? We are hoping to start our first research project on experiences of people using e-cigarette in a few months’ time and so will be back in touch then. In the meantime, if could distribute the link to the research database registration form to any of your contacts that also use e-cigarettes, that would be much appreciated. This research will rely on word of mouth for recruitment!
    Kind regards
    Coral

Dr Coral Gartner | Research Fellow
    UQ Centre for Clinical Research |The University of Queensland | Level 7 | Building 71/918 | Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital Site | Herston Qld 4029 | Australia
    Ph: +61 7 33465478 (international) | Fax: +61 7 3346 5598 | Email: c.gartner@uq.edu.au | web: UQCCR - HABIT | twitter: @NeuroethicsUQ
    Last edited by margyb; 08-02-14 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added radio link
    Noe, GirlyPantz, mavinry4 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    I did email her on 31 july and offered to help
    Not sure what ecigs they will be using

copy of reply

Dear Margaret,
    Many thanks for taking the time to email me the link to Dr Dawkins research and for volunteering to help with our research on e-cigarette use. I assume you have completed the online registration form to join our research volunteer database? We are hoping to start our first research project on experiences of people using e-cigarette in a few months’ time and so will be back in touch then. In the meantime, if could distribute the link to the research database registration form to any of your contacts that also use e-cigarettes, that would be much appreciated. This research will rely on word of mouth for recruitment!
    Kind regards
    Coral

Dr Coral Gartner | Research Fellow
    UQ Centre for Clinical Research |The University of Queensland | Level 7 | Building 71/918 | Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital Site | Herston Qld 4029 | Australia
    Ph: +61 7 33465478 (international) | Fax: +61 7 3346 5598 | Email: c.gartner@uq.edu.au | web: UQCCR - HABIT | twitter: @NeuroethicsUQ

Many people here have said that they started on the prefilled cigalikes and found them to be be inefficient in keeping off the smokes, but when they moved onto eGo and Mod batteries, they gave up smoking for good.

Everyone who experienced this should be encouraged to register and express their vaping story. It has to be known that 2nd and 3rd gene ecigs are the ones that are working for most people, and that is why there has been inconsistencies between the anecdotal data and the scientific data. The science is testing the wrong equipment!
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I know lots of people vulunteered in another thread but I will post this here about how to volunteer

Link

UQCCR - Volunteer

Volunteer
    Novel Nicotine Products
    If you have ever used an e-cigarette or other novel nicotine product then we'd like to hear from you! Please click on the link below to a confidential online form to register your interest by providing your contact details (eg email address). When a research study on this topic is ready to start, the researchers will then send you an invitation with more details about the study so that you can decide if you would like to participate in the study. Your contact details will not be shared with anyone else and will not be used for any purpose other than to send you invitations to participate in research on this topic.

electronic cigarette user - volunteer database

What happens if you register and then later change your mind?

If you would like to have your name removed from the database, simply send an email to Mr Doug Fraser (d.fraser2@uq.edu.au) and ask him to remove your details.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Margyb I just signed up, Lets all help up the Statistics by partaking in this.
    GirlyPantz, margyb and lozza 82 like this.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Also signed up, I think this could be really important for getting some real information, about real people, out there. Thanks Margyb.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    The science is testing the wrong equipment!
    think of this as just the first test. done with the most commonly sold style of ecig. the kind most people try, and most people give up on. with or without nic.

in order for there to be evidence that egos work better than cigalikes, we first need to know how well the cigalikes work.

so, don't think of this study having the goal of being the final word on how well ecigs work. think of it as just the beginning.

All signed up, thanks for the link
    GirlyPantz and margyb like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast