Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Toddler dies from Nicotine overdose

Toddler dies from Nicotine overdose

I posted this in one of the threads but thought it should be posted here as a safety reminder.As everyone may not read that thread.
    Police investigating toddler's death from nicotine overdose | The Times of Israel
    alegria likes this.

All the more reason to introduce child proof capping.

See : The Cost of Ignoring Real Safety
    necro likes this.

AVF Regular
    That sucks, Crap I'm going to have take better care of my juices also, I have a 2.5yr old also. I usually keep some in my lunch bag, I'm going to have to move it to a higher location. Well out of a bad situation there's always something to learn.
    Jeff
    spud likes this.

During the past several years where debate has raged over e-cigarettes and the harm it causes to complete nicotine abstinence programs, nothing has happened. While that's good for people who do not want e-cigarettes banned, it's bad for actually logical regulation.

How hard would have been to require child-proof caps and warnings on e-liquid in the past three years? The industry supports it with many manufacturers voluntarily doing just that. But, with the fight raging on, the attainable goals, the ones that do real good have been held hostage.

eCig Related Tragedy in Israel
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    During the past several years where debate has raged over e-cigarettes and the harm it causes to complete nicotine abstinence programs, nothing has happened. While that's good for people who do not want e-cigarettes banned, it's bad for actually logical regulation.

How hard would have been to require child-proof caps and warnings on e-liquid in the past three years? The industry supports it with many manufacturers voluntarily doing just that. But, with the fight raging on, the attainable goals, the ones that do real good have been held hostage.

eCig Related Tragedy in Israel
    Warnings on packages won't stop a 2-4yr that can't read anyways, childproof caps is where its at.
    Jeff
    necro likes this.

There is already a thread on here about his, that was posted around the time it happened. Certainly an avoidable tragedy.

Would be interesting to know if anything further has come to light about this.

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Warnings on packages won't stop a 2-4yr that can't read anyways, childproof caps is where its at.
    Jeff
    Too right mate. Further more, my 2yo can already open 'child proof' caps (that's not limited to juice bottles either, she can open pharma medical bottles too).

The fact remains, there is no better safety than vigilance and common sense. Just like our medicines, our nic and juice live in latched boxes on the top shelf of our pantry. Nothing is 100%, but doing all we can to avoid such tragities as the article describes is the least we aught to be doing with innocent children around.
    Robray likes this.
    Combined Vape tally - $1,202.36 since 18JUL13
    His and hers provaris just destroyed my break even timeframe!!

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    that's not limited to juice bottles either, she can open pharma medical bottles too

You wanna send her to stay with me?? I struggle big time with child proof stuff!!
    grouse likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Thank you for this thread.

This thread moved the child proof caps to the top of my list of things to organise for Delicious Monsta

We have to stop kidding ourselves - Nicotine is a potent poison. We need to treat it as such and take responsibility even when unpopular and inconvenient.

I will make sure to get something organised as soon as possible to do whatever I can to prevent harm.

Even a single life lost is too much!
    mavinry4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    You wanna send her to stay with me?? I struggle big time with child proof stuff!!
    You can have my 3 y/o she can open anything and everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast