Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Attack of the sheeple!

Exclamation Attack of the sheeple!

So I was at the chermside tavern ( a local watering hole of sorts) yesterday with a friend when we were approached by management and asked to stop vaping because a customer (on the other side of the room) had made a complaint. I tried educating her on the subject matter but was given the ultimatum of stopping, or leaving. She was nice enough to come over and tell us that we could start vaping again once the person who made the complaint left, but it still irked me somewhat that we had specifically sat AWAY from other people so as not to annoy them in the first place, only to get a complaint from someone who wasn't even anywhere near us, but quite obviously had some sort of mis-informed/biased opinion.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Chermside tavern is full of wanks man; had a mate drinking there and 3 guys from there followed him in their car when he left and beat his head in to the point where he was taken straight to the ER room and in and out of surgery for 3 days completely at random... I have never gone back since.
    Do you know de way 👺

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Chermside tavern is full of wanks man; had a mate drinking there and 3 guys from there followed him in their car when he left and beat his head in to the point where he was taken straight to the ER room and in and out of surgery for 3 days completely at random... I have never gone back since.
    O.O
    Yup, no more pubs for daniel.

Sound like Rabid sheeple

I don't go to pubs anymore. But if I were to go to a pub, I would go and ask management if it was OK first. I would explain what it was, as they would ask anyway, and find out if it is alright.

That way, any customers go and complain to them, they can then tell them it is only vapor, it is non harmful, and they have permission to use it in there.

I wouldn't take it out and use it inside without their OK first though. Common courtesy.
    arjay55, GirlyPantz, HSV and 2 others like this.

This is the age of the politically correct. Until it's okay to tell people to go f*** themselves again (if you're not doing anything wrong) we will be put into the same pigeonhole as smokers.
    Last edited by timmah; 01-10-13 at 07:40 PM.

sure, I agree, as would I if its anywhere near anyone. sounds like they were nowhere near them though. do we have to seek out everyone in a large venue for their approval?

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    I don't go to pubs anymore. But if I were to go to a pub, I would go and ask management if it was OK first. I would explain what it was, as they would ask anyway, and find out if it is alright.

That way, any customers go and complain to them, they can then tell them it is only vapor, it is non harmful, and they have permission to use it in there.

I wouldn't take it out and use it inside without their OK first though. Common courtesy.
    Gresh11, spud and timmah like this.

The whole point of sitting away from the other patrons was to avoid annoying anyone. If people are still annoyed by us vaping when we aren't anywhere near them, it is quite obviously a direct result of ignorance and or completely biased misinformation.
    lozza 82, spud and timmah like this.

AVF Regular
    What annoys me is you have one customer complaining......and two customers enjoying the venue without breaking any rules,....and the staff in the middle who don't care either way.

Yet the complainer gets preferential treatment? Why couldn't the staff tell the complainer that it is vapour and the venue policy doesn't prohibit vaping, sorry. End of story.

It's the fact that it looks like smoking, therefore anyone who complains about it has the final word.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    The whole point of sitting away from the other patrons was to avoid annoying anyone. If people are still annoyed by us vaping when we aren't anywhere near them, it is quite obviously a direct result of ignorance and or completely biased misinformation.
    It would be interesting to ask these people why they want you to stop. I would bet that they answered "Because I hate the smell of smoke - it's disgusting!" - Or something similar.

Given that vapour disappears within 15 seconds (from my reading) they would have a hard time smelling anything at all after 15 seconds - Unless of course they don't like the flavour you're consuming, in which case deoderants and perfume need to be banned from public places. I am okay with this because my body odour is great as are my farts. Everyone likes their own brand after all.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast