Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: China's e-cigarette inventor fights for financial rewards

China's e-cigarette inventor fights for financial rewards

China s e-cigarette inventor fights for financial rewards - Yahoo!7
    Noe, margyb, eteach and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I think Hon Lik is famous now and he says
    "My fame will follow the development of the e-cigarette industry. Maybe in 20 or 30 years I will be very famous."
    spud likes this.

Maybe in the next 30 years he could be awarded the nobel peace prize,then he would be as famous as he deserves to be.
    margyb, tugboatofdeath and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I find it amusing that somebody in China is complaining about beach of copyright.......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I find it amusing that US ecig manufacturers complain about breach of copyright but don't pay any royalties to Dragonite.
    eteach and spud like this.

Anyone taking bets that once the patents are sold to Imperial Tobacco they get shelved and the lawsuits begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kama_KaZzie View Post
    Anyone taking bets that once the patents are sold to Imperial Tobacco they get shelved and the lawsuits begin?
    I am betting Big tobacco is just about to start making moves to tie the ecig industry up in the US and UK,I hope i am wrong but they seem to be throwing some big money around of late especialy in the uk Lorillard to Buy U.K. E-Cigarette Maker - WSJ.com
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    I refuse to subsidize an economy that largely benefits the Chinese Commie Party and the so called People's Liberation Army, its relatives and friends. More like an oriental Mafia than a political party.

Karl Rand.

AVF Regular
    I believe once Imperial tobacco has the patents they will star sicking their lawyers on the other would be players in an attempt to gain a monopoly on e-cigs (think apple/samsung). The disenfranchised will band together against imperial (like the android alliance) to produce a model that is just different enough to avoid the patent. In the short term the consumers will win until one of them gains supremacy and then they will tighten the screws on consumers.

"They found the patents compelling," he said, but added that it was not clear "to what degree Dragonite's patents are critical components to the newest standards in the market".
    Ruyan's patents cover only automatic function.

See: Imperial Tobacco to make all your vape are belong to them

Imperial tobacco wont be able to go after any ecig that uses click function. Second and third generation ecigs are safe from Imperial.

When Big Tobacco buy Ovale's eGo Twist and eVic patents, then you can start worrying. You can be sure that they'll squat on the patents, halt their production, and prevent anyone else (e.g Vision Spinner, Kanger VV Evod) from selling anything like it.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 02-10-13 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast