Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By JenJ

Thread: Ego Batteries and Clearomizers to be clinically tested!! Woooo!

Ego Batteries and Clearomizers to be clinically tested!! Woooo!

e-Cigarettes Versus NRT Gum for Smoking Cessation - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Finally!

Eywa has heard you Jake!
    GirlyPantz and Jessamine like this.

AVF Regular
    2mg/4mgwhat?exclusion for 40 a day smokers?not tryin to start a scuffle but that seems a bit biased,agree it could be a good thing but well ...i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by mattydredd View Post
    2mg/4mgwhat?exclusion for 40 a day smokers?not tryin to start a scuffle but that seems a bit biased,agree it could be a good thing but well ...i don't know

Well, seeming that instructions for nicotine polacrile is to take 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours, and people are awake for ~17 hours a day, gum users will be getting a maximum of 68mg of nicotine per day.

That's the equivalent of a person vaping 4mL of 18mg/mL elquid a day, which is not unusual.

However, nicotine gum contains other ingredients which help absorb nicotine into the blood stream. When a person chews 4mg nicotine gum, they are in fact absorbing close to 4mg.

It's estimated that only half of the nicotine inhaled from vapour is absorbed. I think the bias is against ecigs. But I'm still confident that these devices will show greater quit rates than the cigalike 510s.

I still say they need to be using a variable voltage device.
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    So You Decided To Quit.

Congratulations. Your decision to stop smoking is an important one. That’s why you’ve made the right choice in choosing Nicotine Polacrilex Gum. Your own chances of quitting smoking depend on how much you want to quit, how strongly you are addicted to tobacco, and how closely you follow a quitting program like the one that comes with Nicotine Polacrilex Gum.

Quitting Smoking Is Hard!

If you’ve tried to quit before and haven’t succeeded, don’t be discouraged! Quitting isn’t easy. It takes time, and most people try a few times before they are successful. The important thing is to try again until you succeed.

This User’s Guide will give you support as you become a nonsmoker. It will answer common questions about Nicotine Polacrilex Gum and give tips to help you stop smoking, and should be referred to often.this is weird propaganda,don't give people a choice TELL them it's the only one,my main concern is why you can only be a 5+a day smoker an not a 40+a day,also i just spoke about this in another thread today,i lost teeth due to ulcers caused by these gums,,again not confronting you,just questioning the legitamicy of this study

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Well, seeming that instructions for nicotine polacrile is to take 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours, and people are awake for ~17 hours a day, gum users will be getting a maximum of 68mg of nicotine per day.

That's the equivalent of a person vaping 4mL of 18mg/mL elquid a day, which is not unusual.

However, nicotine gum contains other ingredients which help absorb nicotine into the blood stream. When a person chews 4mg nicotine gum, they are in fact absorbing close to 4mg.

It's estimated that only half of the nicotine inhaled from vapour is absorbed. I think the bias is against ecigs. But I'm still confident that these devices will show greater quit rates than the cigalike 510s.

I still say they need to be using a variable voltage device.
    It doesn't say what nic strength they will be using with the ego/CE4 device? Worrying if it's below 12mg, but if they use 18mg+ then I'll be really interested in the results of this one!

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me at all:
    ClinicalTrials.gov is open, however it is being maintained with minimal staffing due to the lapse in government funding. Information will be updated to the extent possible
    No Multi-National's with a vested interest to pour money into it I guess.
    Last edited by JenJ; 07-10-13 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    spud likes this.

"Inclusion Criteria:
    Smokes at least five cigarettes per day
    No current or previous regular use of e-cigarettes
    Ready to quit smoking"

Note that last one, nice, will be interesting to see the the comparison to the previous study which used people who had no intention to quit.

I didn't see any mention of the nic strength they're intending to use in the ecigs.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40