Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By margyb
  • 1 Post By DanGibson
  • 2 Post By dvietrod

Thread: Tobacco Products Directive Live Chat ??

AVF Regular

Tobacco Products Directive Live Chat ??

What do you make of this live chat and especially the heading ?
    Smoking our way to an early grave

https://www.facebook.com/events/226292607534899/
    spud likes this.

I cant seem to find the time that the vote will be held. I wouldn't be surprised if the live chat is after the vote, in which case, nothing you say to them will matter, which is probably the aim.

They look like the kind of people that would murder their children if someone hiding in a bush told them to -_-
    Cumulonimbus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I cant seem to find the time that the vote will be held. I wouldn't be surprised if the live chat is after the vote, in which case, nothing you say to them will matter, which is probably the aim.
    Agenda for Tuesday, 8 October 2013
    Items on the agenda
    09:00 - 11:50 Debates
    12:00 - 14:00 VOTES followed by explanations of votes
    15:00 - 23:00 Debates

No amount of bleating on our part will make any difference, the vote will go ahead, however as one poster said,

History is full of pivotal moments, and this is one of them. The credibility of the EU and government in general is at stake. Enacting legislation which is unquestionably to the detriment of those governed by them will inevitably lead to the people en mass questioning the rights of those legislators to govern. People will not obey bad laws, and that has been proven since time immemorial. Why should we respect the law when what you propose to enact is against the law as JURY has stated and as is already EU case law. The potential consequences of this are catastrophic. You really need to think again and get this right. To get it wrong and medicinalise e-cigs is unthinkable for all the reasons above. Shame on you all for even proposing it.

It needs to be said that,
    People will not obey bad laws, particularly when their health and well being are at stake!

margyb and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I liked this comment toLinda

Dear LINDA!

Do you seriously want to be famous as one of the greatest mass killer in history? Banning e-cigarettes is giving another veapon to death to kill! As a politician, being in cross-fire of Big Tobacco and Big Pharma is not necessary a reason to drive people back to the death row! You MEPs have a chance to give somerhing to hundreds of millions of people instead of killing them! For a moment, behave like human being, please!

AVF Regular
    Well the next 24 hours are going to be very interesting depending on what they vote on