• 1 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By spud

Thread: Interesting forbes article - After EU ruling, will fda follow suit

AVF Regular

Interesting forbes article - After EU ruling, will fda follow suit

Abound with salient points

AVF Regular
    Good article TBOD, shared it on facepalm.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

15000 people die from smoking related diseases in Australia each year

I estimate that nicotine wont be laagally sold in Australia for atleast 4 or 5 years.

In that time 75000 people would have died.

Thanks Simon!
    Old Dog, spud and vaping_gal like this.

great article. the more positive and rational articles there are on vaping, the better the chance of getting the right message out there. Lets hope the powers that be start to pay attention to the positive messages, and stop listening to the anti tobacco lobby who just don't get it. simon needs to be put out to pasture, he's so stuck in his thinking that he can't see the obvious.
    margyb, tugboatofdeath and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    The tinfoil hat in me says that people like him don't actually want anything that gets ppl off tobacco more effectively than nrt (wouldn't be hard really) and that going through the pain of unassisted cessation is the only way.

he'll never understand that switching to a harm reduced alternative has the strange side-effect of cessation and now bangs on about the dangers of nicotine and dual-use.
    vaping_gal likes this.

Brilliant, thoughtful, rational, intelligent, factual article, thanks TBOD, about time, hope we see more of this sort of reporting.
    vaping_gal likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    The tinfoil hat in me says that people like him don't actually want anything that gets ppl off tobacco more effectively than nrt (wouldn't be hard really) and that going through the pain of unassisted cessation is the only way.

he'll never understand that switching to a harm reduced alternative has the strange side-effect of cessation and now bangs on about the dangers of nicotine and dual-use.
    He's afraid of becoming irrelevant TBOD, its not about people's health, its not about the children, its all about him. Hating on smokers has been his forte' for years, and has been repeatedly sanctioned by governments, to the point where he gets paid to do it. (If it was about people's health, he would be actively promoting e-cigs, as would the government, as well as not allowing the widespread availability of tobacco products). As the percentage of smokers in this country continues to fall, and if that fall in the number of smokers is directly related to e-cig use, Chapman will be trying even harder to find fault. Chapman will push his line for the next few years, after all, he's gotta keep the money coming in to pay for his retirement, it matters little to him, (he is a narcissist after all), if pushing his particular line means other people's health suffers. SC has no credibility at all IMO, he is a hypocrite, like so many in public health, and parliament today.
    tugboatofdeath and vaping_gal like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13