Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By mavinry4
  • 4 Post By Pleski
  • 1 Post By spud

Thread: Big Pharma vs E-cigarettes

Big Pharma vs E-cigarettes

http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/s...rt=true#banner

Video is in German, but you can see what they're talking about as there's a lot of imagery showing how Big Pharma has been lobbying hard to have e-cigarettes regulated as medicines.

Chris Snowdon provides an English translation. Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Big Pharma versus e-cigarettes

AVF Regular
    Good old big pharma. They want to bring e-cigs into their portfolio of crappy pharma products that don't work. I suppose if they succeed, the first thing they'll do is make them as clinical and unattractive as possible, and then put some chemical in them to make them taste foul.

They had their chance already with those stupid nic inhalers which don't work. You'd think they could have invented an e-cig on their own, given their vast mountains of money.
    GirlyPantz, Fatman, spud and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    Good old big pharma. They want to bring e-cigs into their portfolio of crappy pharma products that don't work. I suppose if they succeed, the first thing they'll do is make them as clinical and unattractive as possible, and then put some chemical in them to make them taste foul.

They had their chance already with those stupid nic inhalers which don't work. You'd think they could have invented an e-cig on their own, given their vast mountains of money.
    They don't want e-cigs as they are now, available, because they work too well as we all know. This would mean that people would perhaps initially use the pharma brand, (just like most people start vaping with cigalikes), and then move on to better gear, or go DIY. Which is why I agree with you that if pharma has control of ecigs, via medicalisation, they would end up being crap, much like their other products, which encourage people back to smoking, and puts them on the merry-go-round of trying to quit, failing, smoking again, trying to quit etc etc..... Which all adds up to lots of money for pharma, but no benefit to the health of the smoker.

They are hypocrites, much like most politicians, and public health officials. Its good to see them being called out on it though, having a look at some of the articles and comments appearing in the MSM.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13