Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Forbes: Why Is The FDA Shielding Smokers From The Good News About E-Cigarettes?

AVF Regular

Forbes: Why Is The FDA Shielding Smokers From The Good News About E-Cigarettes?

heart-warming article in forbes mag:

"Astoundingly, this nascent public-health miracle has been met with something between derision and hysteria by anti-tobacco groups worldwide: globally, the WHO, health-oriented NGOs, the British regulator MHRA, and many nations are sparing no effort to discourage smokers from trying them, employing misleading (even false) alerts and dire website warnings, phony surveys, and exaggerated concerns about youth being led astray. Unfortunately, and embarrassingly for science-based public health policy, our FDA and CDC have been willingly complicit in this widespread disinformation campaign. Meanwhile they purposely ignore studies that indicate the benefit of e-cigarettes for helping smokers quit. I ask, How could this be?

Gilbert Ross, M.D., is the executive and medical director of The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH.org) in New York.

Why Is The FDA Shielding Smokers From The Good News About E-Cigarettes? - Forbes
    Robray, margyb, dvietrod and 15 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you for posting. It really feels like the tide is turning in attitudes and coverage of e-cigarettes.
    lozza 82, spud, avtek and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    That's the most sensible article I've read in a long time. Should we tweet it to simon?
    lozza 82, spud, avtek and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    That's the most sensible article I've read in a long time. Should we tweet it to simon?
    totally tweetable imo - anything we can do to make this one go viral - you never know it might help somewhere along the line...
    spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

AVF Regular
    someone calling a spade a spade in the ecig debate. how refreshing
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Great article by a doctor

mrsgruffy, Jessamine and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    I posted it on facebook first thing and on a couple of the pinoy facebook pages since they are struggling with their own version of chimpman.
    spud likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    I just posted in my fakebook too. It's a superb article, the best I've ever seen on e-cigs.
    coal miner and spud like this.

Someone in an official capacity and not in the pocket of Big "Pharma, Tobacco, Tax Collectors etc" is a welcome change.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    What a great article. Thank you for posting.

I've come to the cynical conclusion that government regulators and health bodies are really not about saving lives, but really about self preservation and keeping their plush jobs. There's no other way of explaining their total failure to investigate and acknowledge the vast benefits of vaping, and more damningly, spreading derision and misinformation about e-cigs and vapers.
    Rose, Olfella, spud and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast