Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What's Next For UK and EU Vapers: 12 Top Vapers, Campaigners and Politicians Comment

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064

    What's Next For UK and EU Vapers: 12 Top Vapers, Campaigners and Politicians Comment

    Some comments by all our favourite sources of vaping poliical news:

    What`s next for EU and UK vapers - 12 vapers, campaigners and politicians comment.
    margyb, Rose, Jessamine and 2 others like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    868
    It's going to be fascinating watching the plot thicken over in the EU and the US. There's bound to be restrictions on flavours it seems. Even the good guys seem to be ignorant on that issue. Like cigarettes should taste like tobacco, so ecigs should taste like propylene glycol, lol. Yeah right. I really think the only part of the industry that can ever be effectively regulated is the cigalikes/disposables.

    The FDA ruling later this month will be huge. Don't know exactly when it is though.
    spud likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    It's going to be fascinating watching the plot thicken over in the EU and the US. There's bound to be restrictions on flavours it seems. Even the good guys seem to be ignorant on that issue. Like cigarettes should taste like tobacco, so ecigs should taste like propylene glycol, lol. Yeah right. I really think the only part of the industry that can ever be effectively regulated is the cigalikes/disposables.

    The FDA ruling later this month will be huge. Don't know exactly when it is though.
    The ALDE group will be taking part in the negotiations with the European council, and I don't think the ALDE group will budge on the medical and flavour regulations. Afterall, the ALDE group were the ones that introduced the amendments that provided a 30mg/mL limit and permitted flavours.

    If the Council is unwilling to accept the TPD passed by the European Parliament, the TPD will be stuck, and they'll have to start again under the next Presidency, which will be Greece. Greece is the biggest tobacco grower in Europe.

    To be honest, I'm half wishing this happens. I actually agree with ECITA's view that ecigs should be regulated under their own category, i.e, neither a medical nor a tobacco product.

    margyb, Rose and spud like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    392
    How to argue, the true Gibson way.

    Step 1: Explain the difference between smoking and vaping, clearly define vaping as a non-smoking product

    Step 2: Kill the "think of the children and flavours argument" by using examples of other adult products that are flavoured or shiny or attention grabbing (alcohol)

    Step 3: Explain the inherit dangers (unregulated liquids means no safety control blah blah)

    Step 4: Explain ingredients and use examples of proper medical professional opinions on the safety of these chemicals (the lancet)

    Step 5: If subject still argues - laugh, blow vapour in face and walk away

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    868
    Somebody needs to throw a spanner in the works, and start extracting nicotine from tomato leaves. Then we could demand they be regulated as a tomato product.
    DanGibson and spud like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Somebody needs to throw a spanner in the works, and start extracting nicotine from tomato leaves. Then we could demand they be regulated as a tomato product.
    Or we might start an uprising of anti-tomato lobbyists who want them regulated and taxed >_<
    Rose likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064
    Video interview about what will happen between now and Christmas.

    EuroparlTV video: Interview: Results of tobacco vote a mitigated but promising start

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    How to argue, the true Gibson way.

    Step 1: Explain the difference between smoking and vaping, clearly define vaping as a non-smoking product

    Step 2: Kill the "think of the children and flavours argument" by using examples of other adult products that are flavoured or shiny or attention grabbing (alcohol)

    Step 3: Explain the inherit dangers (unregulated liquids means no safety control blah blah)

    Step 4: Explain ingredients and use examples of proper medical professional opinions on the safety of these chemicals (the lancet)

    Step 5: If subject still argues - laugh, blow vapour in face and walk away

    Step 6: Bang your head on the table when nothing you said except point 3 makes it into the final publication of the interview.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Step 6: Bang your head on the table when nothing you said except point 3 makes it into the final publication of the interview.
    ?? You don't find that a valid defense against anti-ecig drool?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    392
    033650-tony-abbott.jpg hey look, moar monies!!!!!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:35 AM.