Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: British Medical Journal Will no longer accept papers from Tobacco Industry

GP - triggered quit attempts lowest since May 09 .... peeps aren't listening to the doc no more !
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It really cracks me up when I see the Neurofen packets on the shelves next the packets of generic Ibuprofen. Generic Ibuprofen; 24 tablets for $2. Neurofen, packets of 12 tabs; Neurofen for back pain, $12. Neurofen for muscle pain, $12. Nuerofen for joint pain, $12. Neurofen for PMS, you guess it, $12. Every single one of these products, including the generic one, contains 200mg of Ibuprofen.

Isn't there some kind of law against this kind of marketing? Why not?
    Well this happened 9 months ago: Nurofen ordered to pull 'targeted relief' ads | News.com.au
    But they still seem to be on the shelves.
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    I really think that sphincterman likes the agro from vapers, classic narcissist behaviour, he is not entirely happy with the ANTZ sycophants sucking up to him and probably misses pro-smokers trying to contradict him. We are the new pro-smokers in his mind.
    I'm going to really enjoy it when UK and US smoking rates plummit, whilst Australian rates stabilise.

I will make sure that the dehydrated testicle gets the attention he deserves for keeping so many people on the smokes.

[NSFW]

dont click it. Dont.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I'm going to really enjoy it when UK and US smoking rates plummit, whilst Australian rates stabilise.

I will make sure that the dehydrated testicle gets the attention he deserves for keeping so many people on the smokes.

[NSFW]

dont click it. Dont.

I clicked ..... and I liked !

Just as I believe that we need to wait to see what happens with regulations overseas, so too will Chappy see his own demise mirrored in what happens to Glantz.

Can't wait !
    mavinry4 and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    this is a really interesting discussion and i really appreciate it being brought up.

I love science. All science. I have 200 hours of science podcasts on my mobile at the moment. This is the second time i've listened to this playlist of them. I learn SOOOO much from them and they warm my heart and give me hope.

I fucking hate the way corporations/capitalism can play out sometimes. Politics sucks ass sometimes.

I'm really torn between feeling/thinking "F@ck YOU" to the tobacco giants....but having to accept that they are corporate giants, living entities capable of evolving and sustaining themselves. Whether we like it or not.

Frankly f@ck tobacco. It's an ancient weed that has served it's purpose, and no longer has a role in my life except it being the foundation of my nicotine addiction.

I'm happy for this esteemed science organisation to discriminate against tobacco. No one is really losing here. Medical groups can still study tobacco, so can any number of groups. However it's done it's dash. If there were going to be any amazing discoveries coming to light that indicate some positive insight re tobacco? i think it would have occurred by now. Tobacco is dead. Even the Tobacco companies are conceding this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    this is a really interesting discussion and i really appreciate it being brought up.

I love science. All science. I have 200 hours of science podcasts on my mobile at the moment. This is the second time i've listened to this playlist of them. I learn SOOOO much from them and they warm my heart and give me hope.

I fucking hate the way corporations/capitalism can play out sometimes. Politics sucks ass sometimes.

I'm really torn between feeling/thinking "F@ck YOU" to the tobacco giants....but having to accept that they are corporate giants, living entities capable of evolving and sustaining themselves. Whether we like it or not.

Frankly f@ck tobacco. It's an ancient weed that has served it's purpose, and no longer has a role in my life except it being the foundation of my nicotine addiction.

I'm happy for this esteemed science organisation to discriminate against tobacco. No one is really losing here. Medical groups can still study tobacco, so can any number of groups. However it's done it's dash. If there were going to be any amazing discoveries coming to light that indicate some positive insight re tobacco? i think it would have occurred by now. Tobacco is dead. Even the Tobacco companies are conceding this.

I couldn't disagree more, I'm sorry ....

Tobacco is not the problem, just combustion of such is.

Some really very simple arguments for the EU on snus The counterfactual
    tugboatofdeath, mavinry4 and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post

The best way to say F@ck you to tobacco cigarette producers is by not purchasing their products.

Which many of us have for years.

But to disregard their research just because of who they are does not achieve anything.
    Old Dog likes this.

In 400 years no deaths attributable to snuff taking ......

Summary

It can generally be claimed that, as far as the current state of literature and science goes, nasal snuff is an extremely low-risk tobacco product, which does not harm fellow humans in view of its non-polluting technique - since no combustion takes place. Snuff is the ideal alternative for anyone looking for tobacco indulgence without smoke. The ingredients of snuff are governed by the rigid German food regulations as well as continuous quality control measures.
    https://mrsnuff.com/store/poschl_stu...85dee1b82ffb26
    mavinry4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    In 400 years no deaths attributable to snuff taking ......

Summary

https://mrsnuff.com/store/poschl_stu...85dee1b82ffb26

Unfortunately, this kind of scince will be disregarded by BMJ from now on.

The ANTZ don't want to talk about science and facts, they're about ideology and control.

Look how silly they're getting ......

MADNESS! Council zealots 'order' florist's wooden caterpillar to stop smoking shisha pipe | UK | News | Daily Express
    spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast