Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nicotine Laser Therapy Yo!! Pew Pew Pew

Nicotine Laser Therapy Yo!! Pew Pew Pew

In a story that would only make sense in the context of Jenny McCarthy, a company that boasts a “nicotine free” way to quit smoking is offering the celebrity with… interesting worldviews to endorse its products instead. The company makes some sort of magical laser beams that somehow treat smoking addiction, and for some reason the FDA hasn't tried to ride them out of town on rails (yet).

The letter is mostly full of smack talking about the e-cigarette industry, which clearly the laser company knows nothing about (42.5M is the number of actual SMOKERS in the US). But hey, ditching a technology actually backed by scientific evidence for one that's mostly conjecture and imagination seems to match the actor's shtick perfectly, this could work to everyone's benefit. Lasers! Pew pew pew!

Link to SteveK's article : Company to McCarthy: Ditch eCigs Promote Something Really Zany

The letter to McCarthy can be read here: Page 1 Page 2 Page 3

Here are some highlights from the letter;

We would be thrilled to work with you, if you ever have a change of heart about no longer pitching an addictive product like E-cigs. We believe E-cigs will lead teens to eventually experiment with traditional cigarettes, because of the mass distribution and promotion of this nicotine delievery device. Freedom from smoking should be freedom from nicotine.

Within 3 years the acceptance of electronic cigarettes grew faster than many ever though possible. Keeping 42.5 million Americans hooked on nicotine in one form or another in the name of the game, and major players are now funnelling millions into marketing and advertising of these electronic cigarettes.

My life's mission is to free the world from nicotine addiction. Quite honestly my concerns are the e-cigarette marketers are influencing young people to experiment with using nicotine for the first time.

The percentage of U.S middle and high school students who use electronic cigarettes more than doubled from 2011 to 2012.

In my opinion, the usage of e-cigs may also prolong the usage of people continuing to smoke cigarettes.

If smokers did not feel free to smoke in restaurants, offices, and bars smokers would feel a sense of alienation and this would prompt many of them to quit smoking, improving their health and those around them. Wouldn't that be better for our society at large?

E-cigs will surely slow the decline of people breaking free from nicotine's addictive grasp.

Even if the sale of e-cigs to minors was outlawed in every state, tens of thousands of teenagers across the country would still some how find a way to get this new nicotine delivery device into their hands. This is a genius marketing movie by Big Tobacco.

Wow, I almost forgot I was reading the letter, and thought I was reading another tripe piece by Sim0n Ch4pman.

Let me update my map. Done.
    Jessamine, spud and Pipesub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    [B][I]Let me update my map. Done.
    Love the map
    mavinry4, spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if this laser company is behind this bullshit ;

https://twitter.com/SwitchOff_Ecigs

http://www.switchoffecigarettes.wordpress.com

(link is dereferred)

Meanwhile, check out the company's webpage : http://www.freedomlasertherapy.com/

(link is dereferred)
    Last edited by mavinry4; 19-10-13 at 09:40 AM.
    spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

The first thing that came to mind was this garbage.

*Crystals and Healing Addiction | Lightworkers.org

Great ven diagram there mavinry4
    spud likes this.
    "One more toot on that bosun's whistle Middy and you have to fart to use it. We understand each other sir?" - CPO to the fresh Midshipman

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this laser company is behind this bullshit ;

https://twitter.com/SwitchOff_Ecigs

http://www.switchoffecigarettes.wordpress.com

(link is dereferred)

Meanwhile, check out the company's webpage : http://www.freedomlasertherapy.com/

(link is dereferred)
    LOL, celebrity endorsements, laser hair therapy, bad, bad nicotine, FFS, what a load of old toss. Scammers, the world is full of them, think I'll stick with vaping, at least I KNOW that works
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I like this response
    "Don't shoot your eye out. Lasers cause blindness. This article is proof."

I'd believe Dr Evil really could blow up the moon with the "laser" before I'd believe it makes you stop smoking. Might work of you laser-ed your lips shut.
    Last edited by supersports600; 19-10-13 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

love the laser hair regrowth helmet
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 19-10-13 at 02:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    Perhaps if the lasers were attached to sharks, who were guarding the nicotine, it might be effective.

Or you might just end up with a nice bit of flake to go with the nic.
    spud likes this.

Cumulonimbus

There's a reason I was derefferring the links. Now every time someone views this thread, they ping back to freedomlazer's website.

From now on, please..

copy the image URL

go to imgur.com

click on "web"

paste the URL and click upload.

Please edit your post. Use the URL of this image instead

Last edited by mavinry4; 19-10-13 at 02:01 PM.

nah i'll just delete it, no need for me to rehost it

I know what you are saying, worth keeping in mind; but do we really care if Dr Evil knows we think hes full of it? I mean whats he going to do, take us to court? for that to work he would need to prove that his device was truthfully not bullshit ...
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 19-10-13 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast