Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree823Likes

Thread: WANTED: input for story in The Age on e-cigarettes

jcm

WANTED: input for story in The Age on e-cigarettes

Hi everyone,
    I'm writing a feature story for Fairfax Media (The Age) about e-cigarettes in Australia and stumbled on this forum earlier today. I have learned a lot, once I've been able to decipher some of the lingo!

I am very keen to get a sense of how active the market is in Australia and why people seek out e-cigs - I didn't have any preconceptions about them as I wasn't familiar with the industry, and am not seeking to cast judgment - more give a snapshot of the industry, regulatory environment, latest research and international comparisons.

I'd be keen to get a sense from people as to why you turned to e-cigarettes, what your views are on regulation (ie the fact that it's illegal to buy or sell nicotine e-cigs currently), do you worry about buying nicotine e-cigarettes from overseas from a legal or quality perspective, and your views on what effect e-cigarettes have had on your ability to quit smoking (if that was your aim).

From what I can see the forum seems to be very support-orientated for people trying to quit and also a forum for buying, selling and trading information on the best suppliers; is that why most of you joined?

If you are happy to be quoted for this feature story, please reply with your views asap. (I'm happy to receive private messages if this doesn't contravene forum rules.) I'm happy to name or not name you, whatever the preference... though of course I'd love any volunteers to be photographed! My deadline for this piece for Wednesday so don't delay.

Many thanks,

Julia May

ps if I can work out how to create a poll, I'd love some feedback on that too.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    I nominate margyb and Jess they have the package they presented to politicians
    GirlyPantz, margyb, Adam and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hi JCM.
    There is a ton of stories and people here that cover the entire spectrum of Vapers and Vaping.
    While you wait for someone to link you to our thread with the global research links (there is an amazing amount of good science out there) have a read of this thread Almost ready
    That's pretty typical, people find vaping, get some quality gear for the price of a single carton of smoke and find they are not smokers within days/weeks.
    GirlyPantz, mrsgruffy and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    maybe a google chat Julia and you can interview people as they come in. Im sure there are plenty here who would be willing to help you.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

jcm
    Thanks v much guys. The package presented by margyb and Jess sounds interesting.

That's a good idea re Google chat coal miner, for people who would rather chat in private... just have to work out how to use it! Deary me.

AVF Regular
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Here is the testimonials thread

E-cigarette / Personal Vapouriser Testimonials for Andrew Wilkie

There would be many more now
    Last edited by Crisscross; 21-10-13 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
    margyb likes this.

jcm
    Oooh thanks Crisscross - v interesting.

jcm
    Does anyone know what the outcome of the meeting with Andrew Wilkie was?

AVF Regular
    Ask and you shall receive

Andrew Wilkie meeting outcome
    GirlyPantz, margyb and Jessamine like this.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast