Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Humans, I disappoint.

Angry Humans, I disappoint.

So today I was out with my younger sister at the strathpine shopping centre, happily vaping away whilst waiting for the coffee that we had ordered at Coffee Club when the "manager" ( a young, decrepit looking teenager) came over and told me I wasn't aloud to smoke indoors. I told her I wasn't smoking, I was using my personal vaporizer, and that it was completely legally acceptable for me to use it indoors as the vapour that I inhale and exhale contains less carcinogens/toxic chemicals and such than the very air she was breathing. She repeatedly argued that it was a fire hazard and that if it looked like smoke, it MUST be smoke and is therefore a fire hazard and she could not endanger her other patrons by letting me use it whilst in "her" cafe. She was quite obviously the manager on duty or whatever you would call it whilst the actual manager was absent, and I'll end by saying that the manager of my local Coffee Club in the fortitude valley is quite happy for me to vape in his store, and has even told patrons who ask that it's perfectly safe and such. People -_-
    GirlyPantz, DEATHGUYJ and spud like this.

Find another coffee shop that likes your money.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    So today I was out with my younger sister at the strathpine shopping centre, happily vaping away whilst waiting for the coffee that we had ordered at Coffee Club when the "manager" ( a young, decrepit looking teenager) came over and told me I wasn't aloud to smoke indoors. I told her I wasn't smoking, I was using my personal vaporizer, and that it was completely legally acceptable for me to use it indoors as the vapour that I inhale and exhale contains less carcinogens/toxic chemicals and such than the very air she was breathing. She repeatedly argued that it was a fire hazard and that if it looked like smoke, it MUST be smoke and is therefore a fire hazard and she could not endanger her other patrons by letting me use it whilst in "her" cafe. She was quite obviously the manager on duty or whatever you would call it whilst the actual manager was absent, and I'll end by saying that the manager of my local Coffee Club in the fortitude valley is quite happy for me to vape in his store, and has even told patrons who ask that it's perfectly safe and such. People -_-
    lol you should have pointed to the coffee machine and explained that it works on much the same principle, and did she think that was a fire hazard?
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

T7x
    AVF Regular
    You should of told her that the shit quality coffee and microwaved food was endangering society's perception of cafe dining. :P
    Quom, Stomp, downhillvaper and 3 others like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Just because there is no laws about vaping in public or under cover areas doesn't mean its a "get out of jail" free card to vape all over the place. Would you pull this stunt if you were on a airplane and a airplane attendant asked you to stop vaping on the plane?

Daily Work Horse: iTaste MVP + Boge F16 Carto | Back-up: K100 18350/Kick + Boge F16
    Stand-by: iTaste SVD, Anyvape V2, 2x Ego-T 1000mha

AVF Regular
    You should have blown a nice big plume in her face and said 'does that smell like smoke to you'

Quom and Rose like this.

Im try to make sure that it isnt going to get all up in someones face or there are too many people around/crowded and such, you know just general courtesy and whatnot, but this women was baltantly ignoring anything i tried to say and arguing a completely invalid and just plain wrong perception/view/whatever.
    spud likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Maybe we need to go and double team her with plumes Dan.
    DanGibson likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Quote Originally Posted by darkmesh View Post
    Just because there is no laws about vaping in public or under cover areas doesn't mean its a "get out of jail" free card to vape all over the place. Would you pull this stunt if you were on a airplane and a airplane attendant asked you to stop vaping on the plane?
    Because taking lithium-ion batteries with you on planes and exposing them to changes in pressure is an intelligent thing to do? A friend of mine had an ego "pop" in his bag on a flight to sydney, so, not a good idea. And as for annoying every other passenger on the plane in an enclosed spaced, again, no.
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast