Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 3 Post By Old Dog

Thread: McArvan busted

McArvan busted

Linda McArvan caught rigging FB chat with her own staff .......

Labour MEP Linda McAvan is in charge of attempts to ban Europe’s 10 million vapers from using devices which aren’t medicinally approved. Not surprisingly she’s not the most popular Member of the European Parliament. But just how isolated she is is was shown in a live webcast she carried out today. Supposedly she was answering concerns about her proposals to ban e-cigs. Hundreds of vapers had questions for her. But she chose to answer only few questions on e-cigs, including one from a woman called Laura Guiot. And it’s a rather soft question – the kind you might expect to see in the UK house of commons by a member of the same party:

It's a lonely life opposing e-cigarettes - ECF InfoZone

There's plenty more comments on Twitter, but this will give you an idea of the outrage ....

mavinry4 likes this.

Poor old Linda was just confused ..... and it was someone else's fault .........

On Wednesday morning I was made aware that online forums had suggested that I had responded to questions posted by members of staff at the European Parliament - a fact I was unaware of at the time. I immediately contacted the head of the European Parliament’s communication unit to ask him to investigate what had happened, issue a statement and take corrective action.
    Linda McAvan MEP - Latest News

I loved Gregory Conley's twitter comment;

"it's a lonely life opposing ecigs"

LOL

edit: just realised it was the title of the main article.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 29-10-13 at 12:22 PM.

When responding to the questions during the chat, I did not know, and had no way of knowing details about the individuals posting the questions.

LOL...

Cumulonimbus likes this.

The problem for Linda McAvan is that she has been trying to defend the indefensible - that electronic cigarettes should be regulated as medicines, when they are not medicines. They are consumer products that if left to flourish will be able to compete with and displace tobacco cigarettes and deliver a huge public health bonus. That medicalization will stifle the products and therefore defend cigarette sales.

As her position is indefensible, she appears to be using half-truths and an element of deceit (false abusive comments claims) as the only way she can proceed.

Her final comment in her statement is

I will continue in my efforts to represent the European Parliament’s position on this issue.

Lets hope that this comment is true. The European Parliament have considered her plan to medicalise e-cigs - and rejected it.
    Gluggler's Blog: More from the McAvan Chatgate saga