Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Old Dog
  • 3 Post By coal miner
  • 1 Post By JenJ
  • 4 Post By soundasleep
  • 1 Post By Jessamine

Thread: Are E-Cigarettes Safer Than Regular Cigarettes?

Are E-Cigarettes Safer Than Regular Cigarettes?

The 'National Research Center for Women and families' is fretting about the children.

Bottom line

E-cigarettes have not been around long enough to determine if they are harmful to users in the long run. Studies by the FDA show that e-cigarettes contain some of the same toxic chemicals as regular cigarettes even though they donít have tobacco.Unfortunately, many people, including teenagers, are under the impression that e-cigarettes have been proven safe. Unless you want to be a guinea pig, hold off on e-cigarettes until more safety information is available. And if you want to quit smoking or reduce the number of cigarettes you are smoking, check out these Quit Smoking Resources compiled by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

Are E-Cigarettes Safer Than Regular Cigarettes? | Center For Research

FDA deeming regulations won't be long now ...... can't wait the see the shit storm !
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Of corse they are safer Ive never had anyone bum a vape off me yet.
    Megan, Tokerz81 and spud like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    Unfortunately, many people, including teenagers, are under the impression that e-cigarettes have been proven safe.
    Who and where are these bloody idiots....I've never heard of anyone believing e-cigs have been proven to be safe?

Jesus, if you tell the people they are stupid often enough maybe they start to believe it after a while.
    spud likes this.

Haha so true, at least you have your vapes to yourself!

Raa
    Base on this
    Nicotine is one of the chemicals found in both conventional and e-cigarettes. It is addictive and has been shown to reduce bone health.
    I wonder if they will go after Coke as well for the effects of Phosphoric Acid used in their cola drinks?

phosphoric acid bone density - Google Scholar

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Who and where are these bloody idiots....I've never heard of anyone believing e-cigs have been proven to be safe?
    Technically nothing is "safe". But with all of the best available research and chemical testing so far, I don't think it's unreasonable to say e-cigs are "safe" by general usage of the word. Most likely as "safe" as a strong coffee, or walking down a street in a heavy traffic city.

It's a play on words. If you are waiting for a product to be proven safe, you will be waiting a VERY long time.

And as usual, if only "safe" products are allowed on the market, could somebody please explain Champix to me

EDIT: They may not have been proven "safe", but by the same logic they haven't been proven "unsafe" either.
    Fatman, Jessamine, spud and 1 others like this.

Even SC admits ecigs are safer than smoking!
    And yes, medicines are allowed to have the rare 'side effect' of death, as long as they help more than they maim or kill there is no outcry about that.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post

Jesus, if you tell the people they are stupid often enough maybe they start to believe it after a while.
    Jen not wanting to be too tin foil hat about this, but it seems to be something that has been going on in a systematic way for a couple of decades now, this dumbing down. Are people losing the ability to think critically? Or is this simply not being taught anymore in our schools? It is happening all around us, this garbage being reported as fact, the word "science" has been abused so much by those with an agenda of greed and exploitation, that it is becoming meaningless. This piece of writing condemns anecdotal evidence as non-scientific, and yet spews forth unproven theory, dodgy reports of dodgy studies, half truths, out of context, and even outright lies and obfuscations, as scientific fact.

I can't read too much of the rubbish that comes out in the MSM, it causes too much frustration.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13