Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Australian Vaper's Association.

Retired Account

Australian Vaper's Association.

This is just a head's up to let you know that a few of us have been working behind the scenes on an idea which would see the inauguration of the Australian Vapers Association.

To put it simply, there was a call which went out on AVF a few months ago, asking for people to 'step forward' to get involved with creating a document which sought to report on the viability of starting an organisation which would represent the views and rights of people in Australia who vape. We think it's time to get organised, so that when the time comes, and it is coming, we'll have a democratic agreement about what's really important to us as a group, and in our elected representatives, people who are informed and mandated to put forward our opinion to decision makers in public health, law and government.

Once we publish the report, we'll be keen to hear everyone's feedback, and to gauge support for moving forward with a national association. One thing to keep in mind is that there will be no association unless it is supported by vapers. I'm hoping that by tomorrow evening, I'll have the group's go ahead to publish our report.
    Captain, ckane, giruvian and 26 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Wonderful news mrsgruffy. Looking forward to seeing the report. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
    margyb and Bobthebuilder like this.

Sounds good MrsG ! Thumbs up.

AVF Regular
    I'm in........help in any way I can....between work and study(Diploma of management)(Bachelors Degree in OHS)

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Super Moderator
    Yay MrsG & Co .... available for bad puns, wild theories ( although others might be better at that lol ) and general consultation anytime
    Old Dog and Bobthebuilder like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Happy to help any way I can too Mrs G
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

Retired Account
    I'm so excited to see such positive early responses!
    The report we've put together is going to describe the "form" we see as the most practical going forward.
    If there is support for this, then we will go ahead and put together a tentative constitution, which is the next step before we can elect representatives to a committee.
    Of course, once the committee is elected, they will be able to change the constitution as they see fit, and that's when this tiger gets it's teeth.
    margyb, lozza 82, Fatman and 3 others like this.

as mentioned, can give some time towards some design (logo, SOME desktop publishing, like manifesto or something) maybe a couple web banners, but has to work in with work. if needed, good call, you know i'm behind this
    margyb and Bobthebuilder like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Of course, once the committee is elected, they will be able to change the constitution as they see fit, and that's when this tiger gets it's teeth.
    Mr Gruffy , please endeavour to keep Mrs G away from all copies of Mein Kampf , and Sun Tzu's The Art of War in this phase ... Steer her on to Zen and the Art of Motorcycling Please ?

MrGruffy and Bobthebuilder like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I think with all the posts I have read on AVF from people who have been saying this is what is needed, and all the talented people on here willing to donate their time to the cause, that it should lead to a successful outcome.

It is certainly the time to get together and become "official"
    margyb, Old Dog, lozza 82 and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast