• 1 Post By avtek
  • 3 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 2 Post By avtek
  • 2 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 1 Post By mavinry4

Thread: FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs

AVF Regular

FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs

coverage of the fda ruling expected at the end of the month - with "experts'" predictions etc - long article -

it is going to be chaotic trying to put anything into place - so many variables - crazy times ahead for sure

FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs

Super Moderator
    "Internet sales ought to be done away with because of the difficulty of age verification, suggested John Wiesehan, Jr., CEO of Ballantyne Brands, which makes Mistic brand e-cigarettes."

I hope the above doesnt happen!

"First, there will be a potential 60- to 180-day period for public comment, followed by possible changes, then 6 months or a year to give companies time to comply, Clissold noted"

hmmm might have to start stockpiling slowly again

AVF Regular
    the aussie government may move faster tho - as we have no real ecig industry to "protect" here compared to the states - so here regulation could probably happen much easier - the only question is how soon does one go on a panic buying spree...

Super Moderator
    I will start when the research from the queensland uni is near finished. or when I hear the FDA are going to do the internet bans

which ever comes first
    Last edited by Rhojin; 29-10-13 at 12:46 AM. Reason: speeeeeling :)

AVF Regular
    whatever happens it will revolve around revenue raising, governments have been using cig tax money to fund gov policies for years, look at rudd with his 25% tax hike a few years back, they didn't just sit down and think 'how do we get people off smokes' they were thinking 'how can we fund this/these policies'.

You know i wouldn't be bothered if it funded things like the NBN, social services and the like, but the BS concern over people's health irks me no end. You try tell this to your average 'oh but it pays for all those smoking related deaths' drone and they'd call BS on you.

I really hope vaping gets bigger in Aus and reaches a critical mass whereby actual data and word of mouth outweigh any fluff they can throw at us through shite media outlets and statistics manipulated educated members of the public.
    lozza 82, DanGibson and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    the current aussie govt has already shown that once it decides something it can move very fast

i too wish there were more of us - but vaping is not gonna get big enough in time to have any power over anything - i mean vapers are such a small part of the population that as a group we wont have any real bargaining power at all

i mean FFS even smokers tell me that vaping is unhealthy!!!!

AVF Regular
    Some smokers are intimidated by vaping. I have seen it myself. A side-effect of the demonization of smokers is that a little bit of themselves hates themselves for smoking and this is the exact same thing that will keep them smoking. I don't have a problem with people smoking, they should just come out and say 'i enjoy smoking' and many like me do and i reckon thats one of the things that made me keen on vaping.

Some smokers don't want you to enjoy vaping because fk knows they are paying the social price for smoking.

I had a friend's dad (who is about 70 and has had one lung removed due to asbestos poisoning) ask me this weekend when i'm giving up the vape while he puffed on his smoke, it just blew my mind.
    spud and avtek like this.

Super Moderator
    imo the government is greedy they will tax us at some stage, we will fight but in the end it will be taxed as is nearly everything else we enjoy, do or need. I will personally start building up more stock most likely around mid next year the stock will include cigalike carts (they have a 2 year expirey date, and will be the very last thing I vape after all my liquid reserves run out) all the juices I like now and maybe a few I like the sound of. I will kick myself if im not prepaired and If it all turns out for nothing atleast I got loads of juice to convert friends with and would of cost me alot less than the stinkies
    Last edited by Rhojin; 29-10-13 at 01:44 AM.

form the article:

"The scientific evidence is only just beginning to accumulate and so the jury is out on the benefits versus the downsides to the entire population as a whole,"

And this is the whole problem with ecig opponents. They're happy to sacrifice the health of the individual over some vague precaution of social collective change in perception.

It's a logic only a fascist can comprehend.
    spud likes this.