Like Tree18Likes
  • 7 Post By Old Dog
  • 2 Post By mavinry4
  • 4 Post By Old Dog
  • 3 Post By BrianS
  • 2 Post By margyb

Thread: Big Pharma as Organied Crime

Big Pharma as Organied Crime

Tobacco Control always casts itself as the Good Guy fighting the Forces of Evil incarnated in the tobacco company, Doing Good by helping wean smokers away from its lethal product.

But in fact Tobacco Control is simply trying to get smokers hooked on Big Pharma’s NRT products instead. And it’s using the brute force of the law – banning smoking, hiding and defacing traditional tobacco products, and ramping up tobacco taxation to extortionate levels – to do so. And it’s also doing its damnedest (using the law, as ever) to stop smokers turning to new-fangled e-cigs instead of NRT, because that would defeat the entire strategy.

The more people that learn that, far from doing any good, Tobacco Control is doing a colossal amount of outright evil, destroying communities and friendships, setting people against each other, crushing the hospitality industry, and hobbling the economy, as well as robbing smokers, the sooner their saintly mask will slip, and reveal the ravening wolf behind.

Big Pharma as Organised Crime | Frank Davis

Public Health and NGOs such as cancer foundations and smokefree [insert US state] are often used by pharmaceutical nicotine makers as "information launderers".

It's straight out of the same play book that the Public Health criticises Big Tobacco and BigEnergy of using.

Facts about Global Warming and the Fossil Fuel Industry

1. Use "experts" to spread false information (Ch4pman, Glantz, McKee, Abrams)
    2. Use front groups to launder information (e.g SmokefreeKids etc etc)
    3. Create an echo chamber (BMJ)
    4. Manufacture uncertainty where there is none ("not sure is 'less toxic' than tobacco smoke")

Everyone's corrupt.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 29-10-13 at 11:54 AM.
    Old Dog and Bobthebuilder like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Everyone's corrupt.
    Except you and me, Mav ................................ and sometimes I wonder about you !

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    First hand experience
    I was waiting for my Dr's appointment in waiting room ages ago
    Drug rep came in and talked to receptionist about new drug he wanted to talk to the GP about .She made an appointment immediately and he then handed over a big box of chocolates. He sat and waited and got into see GP before me.
    That is just my experience
    Bluddy wrong
    mavinry4 and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    A bit off topic here...I havent watched this as the sound on my lappy has died but it was sent to me by a friend who has been on a diet aimed directly at reducing his insulin levels ( no GPs test insulin levels due to the debunking effect it would have on the last 50yrs of being fed garbage by the health system)...it maybe of interest to some of you...Catalyst: Heart of the Matter Part 1 - Dietary Villains - ABC TV Science sugar is the killer in our society...corrupt bastards

Remember that movie 'love and other drugs' that was a very interesting look into the world of big pharma companies. Whether there r laws in place now or not , it doesn't surprise me that these sorts of tactics depicted in the movie still take place.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it