• 6 Post By Old Dog
  • 4 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By Hani
  • 1 Post By Sign me up

Thread: Cigarette Sales in Freefall

Cigarette Sales in Freefall

Now, let's all shed a collective tear for the poor tobacco companies. LOL

Cigarette sales

3Q13 reports show more smokers switching to far less hazardous e-cigs and smokeless tobacco (ST).

Altria reports 3.6% decline in cigarette volume in US during first three quarters of 2013, 6.0% increase in smokeless tobacco volume:
    Altria - Investors - Press Release

Reynolds American reports 6.3% decline in RJ Reynolds cigarette volume in US during first three quarters of 2013, 6.0% increase in American Snuff's moist snuff volume:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ings_on_strong

Lorillard reports $177 million in e-cigarette sales in US during first three quarters of 2013 (up from $22 million in a year ago), and 0.2% decline in cigarette volume in US:
    Lorillard Investor Relations News

British American Tobacco reports cigarette volume decline of 3.2% during first three quarters of 2013, including declines in Brazil, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Egypt and Western Europe:
    British American Tobacco - Interim Management Statement for the 9 months ended 30 September 2013

Philip Morris International reports overall cigarette volume decline of 7.9% in EU for first three quarters of 2013, reports PMI cigarette volume declines of 7% in EU, 7.2% in Asia, 3.4% in Latin America & Canada, 2.8% in Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa:
    PMI.com News Release October 17, 2013
    Bill Godshall Update 2013-10-24

Now watch the anti ecig media ramp up!!!! I knew there was a "monetary" reason behind this latest media push to scare people away from ecigs. GAWD how people can still be naive about the agenda of BT and governments that feed off them, I seriously don't know. Connect the dots people!
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Now watch the anti ecig media ramp up!!!! I knew there was a "monetary" reason behind this latest media push to scare people away from ecigs. GAWD how people can still be naive about the agenda of BT and governments that feed off them, I seriously don't know. Connect the dots people!
    You Betcha! Ecig sales are tipped to hit close to $2 billion by years end in the US alone. This growth cannot be ignored by BT and other vested parties.
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Yet BT profits keep growing in the rest of the world. While sales are dropping in developed countries, unfortunately they are increasing in developing countries.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping