Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By Old Dog
  • 4 Post By margyb
  • 3 Post By lozza 82
  • 2 Post By margyb

Thread: Ecig gateway theory debunked

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne's leafy outer East
    Posts
    3,656

    Ecig gateway theory debunked

    E-cigarette usage has been carefully measured by Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) UK.

    James Dunworth from Ecigarettedirect.co.uk has summarised their results in a mini info-graphic.
    Children and E-Cigarettes - Ecigator

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hobart Tasmania
    Posts
    5,658
    Read it and weep Simon Chapman

    Feel like tweeting that to him but it is just a waste of time

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    1,676
    C this is what gets me. When Simon chapman a supposed public health expert cited this study, he only cited part of the study. By looking at the total results it paints a very different picture. He abuses his position to only show part of the research that support his motives. It's shameful .
    This is a fantastic find old dog , thank you
    margyb, essiemessy and BlackDog like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hobart Tasmania
    Posts
    5,658
    And from here

    http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_891.pdf



    Among children who have heard of e-cigarettes, sustained use is rare and confined to children who currently or have previously smoked. Of those who had heard of e-cigarettes, 7% (11% among 16-18 year olds) had tried e-cigarettes at least once. Two percent reported using them monthly or weekly. Among the 8% of children who reported some use of e-cigarettes, only 28% had used them in the last month. Of those who had never smoked a cigarette, 99% reported never having tried e-cigarettes and the remaining 1% reported having tried them “once or twice”. We found no evidence of regular e-cigarette use among children who have never smoked or who have only tried smoking once.
    lozza 82 and essiemessy like this.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:46 PM.