Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Mayo Clinic Questions the Sanity of All Electronic Cigarette Users

Mayo Clinic Questions the Sanity of All Electronic Cigarette Users

I don't know how the Mayo Clinic will survive without the brown paper bags from BigPharma, and donations dry up when they're revealed as a corrupt NGO .....

A prominent anti-smoking researcher at the Mayo Clinic has questioned the sanity of electronic cigarette users, stating that "one of the solutions that the nicotine and the e-cigarette is dissolved into is called propylene glycol which is a cousin of antifreeze and why anybody would want to puff on something and put that in their mouth is amazing."

The comments were made during an interview with Dr. Richard Hurt, founder and director of the Mayo Clinic's Nicotine Dependence Center, and are posted on the Mayo Clinic's web site.

In the same interview, Dr. Hurt stated that "we don't have any evidence at all that they [electronic cigarettes] help people to stop smoking."
    The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Mayo Clinic Questions the Sanity of All Electronic Cigarette Users
    mavinry4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    So because pg has a low freezing point it is now a cousin of antifreeze. [roll eyes]
    I guess vodka and limoncello are cousins too
    Has he told the Russians and the Italians the same thing too?

Honestly, these people are an embarrassment to the medical fraternity

Methamphetamine is a cousin of pseudoephedrine, heroin is a cousin of morphine. Hell the wrong isomer of thalidomide can be disastrous. Just because something is chemically similar doesn't given it the same properties.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    yeah and margarine is similar to plastic

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

and PG is used in their own medicines ...

Facts about Global Warming and the Fossil Fuel Industry

Tactic #1

Use "experts" to spread false information

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I don't know how the Mayo Clinic will survive without the brown paper bags from BigPharma, and donations dry up when they're revealed as a corrupt NGO .....

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Mayo Clinic Questions the Sanity of All Electronic Cigarette Users

OH FFS!!!!
    Bloody seriously???

Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    *rollin' my eyes* oh, yeah, and it's so much more sane to keep inhaling burning tobacco and all the chemicals produced by that. wonder whose pocket he's got his grubby little hand in

AVF Regular
    The rest of the story is that the Mayo Clinic is not only misleading smokers, but in my opinion it is also fraudulently disseminating information that is intended to deter smokers from quitting using electronic cigarettes. This is tragic, because although the Mayo Clinic encourages smokers to use NRT and drugs instead, the reality is that most of the smokers who have used or are contemplating using electronic cigarettes are smokers who have tried and failed with these "approved" therapies. Telling them they have to stick to the same methods that have failed in the past is tantamount to telling them to remain smokers.

It really is tragic and makes me angry

Last edited by margyb; 29-10-13 at 03:12 PM.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, it really has got this ugly. I'm just incredulous that they can say such stupid things and be lauded for it by those who either know no better, or have a vested interest.
    Where's Miss Karma now??
    margyb likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast