Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1935Likes

Thread: Cancer Council wants WA's tobacco laws changed to specifically ban ecigs

AVF Regular

Cancer Council wants WA's tobacco laws changed to ban ecigs

"Mr Slevin said the Tobacco Products Control Act was due for a review and could help ban e-cigarettes as well as address issues such as the need to reduce the number of licensed tobacco retailers.

"This incident of a failed attempt to prosecute points to the fact that the current provisions are not adequate," he said."

full on:

Court defeat fuels move to ban e-cigs - The West Australian
    Last edited by avtek; 30-10-13 at 06:39 PM.

Okay - This sounds quite scary. I don't want to go back to cigarettes and all the associated harm.

Is there any representation in WA for users of e-cigs?

Nanny state Western Australia. Pathetic.

AVF Regular
    I'm pretty sure they are only talking about the cigalikes. It would be impossible to ban the larger PVs. Still scary though. Time to start emailing the Cancer Council.

Super Moderator
    Arrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! X1000000000000000000000000000000000000

And so it begins .....

The Cancer Council wants WA's tobacco laws changed to specifically ban electronic cigarettes.
    It's amazing how many 'cancer' NGO's around the world that want to ban ecigs.

The dental health industry survived fluoridation, and so will they.

They need to concentrate on their core business ........ researching and treating cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are only talking about the cigalikes. It would be impossible to ban the larger PVs. Still scary though.
    I don't think so rose, they said because they lost the court case they are going to try and close up the "loophole" that allows ecigs, and the reason they lost the case is because the ecig didn't resemble a cigarette.
    Megan, spud, timmah and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are only talking about the cigalikes.
    im sure they're now realising that was the weak link in their case to the court - as it was the reason they lost the case

"But the court ruled the electronic cigarettes did not necessarily resemble a cigarette or cigar and could also look like a fountain pen. Unlike normal cigarettes, they also required the user to press a button."

and this is the "cancer council" ffs

FFS not much more to say than FFS!
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Argghhhh. Ok so my reading of that is they took a vendor to court cos he was selling ecigarettes with no nicotine because it apparently , according to them conflicted with laws that products that resemble tobacco products r not to b sold in WA. The court dismissed the case and so now they r looking at changing the laws so ecigarettes r covered and will likely b banned altogether.
    Yep just ban everything that looks like smoking regardless of the evidence that they r a much safer substitute. BLOODY MORONS!!!
    spud, timmah, vaping_gal and 2 others like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast