• 4 Post By Old Dog
  • 1 Post By vaping_gal
  • 2 Post By tugboatofdeath

Thread: Group of French doctors say ecigs infinitely less dangerous

AVF Regular

Group of French doctors say ecigs infinitely less dangerous

Nice one french docs

AVF Regular
    What a breath of fresh air! There have been a couple of depressing threads today about the state of affairs in Australia, thank god some sanity seems to be present in Europe.

"The open letter signed by these medical experts contradicts France’s decision to ban the use of e-cigarettes in public places, suggesting that the motives behind the radical measure may not actually have been health related."

This statement is 100% correct and is my concern for Australia's policy makers. Politics will no doubt get involved which will stand in the way of any rational decisions.
    margyb, Jessamine and spud like this.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

Someone should send this to the WA Cancer Council and ask for a response.
    lozza 82, JenJ and spud like this.

Good news

And this from Norway ..........

- I rather far in the direction of releasing it to the market and provide the competitive edge. This means that the e-cigarette should be a common consumer product that does not need to be behind closed cabinet and the fee should be kept low. It should also be possible to market it so that smokers know it exists, says Lund.
    E-cigarettes can cause health revolution - News - Dagbladet.no

Google translation is not the best.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    Someone should send this to the WA Cancer Council and ask for a response.
    Good idea, in fact it should be sent to every single person or organisation in the country who has publicly spoken against e-cigs.

Although the points were made so succinctly and so heavily in our favour I'm almost suspicious about it. I wonder who translated the letter, what else was in it, and where else it's published?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    Good news

And this from Norway ..........

E-cigarettes can cause health revolution - News - Dagbladet.no

Google translation is not the best.
    Even though there are many cigarette manufacturers, they do kind of have a monopoly in the market, so to speak. The restrictions in entering the tobacco market are huge and licensing etc cost big $$$. Hell I don't even think we're are allowed to grow our own tobacco plants here in oz nd make our own cigarettes for personal use. So, I would hope any regulations that do come in don't create a situation where this could happen again with ecigs and remove much of the attractive lures to vaping such as low cost and variety (as mentioned in that article).
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

great article. There is obviously a lot of opposition to vaping from govts etc, but I suspect over time more and more doctors etc will come out in favour of the truth instead. No one in their right mind would oppose vaping as an alternative to cigarettes, and not everyone is in the pockets of big pharma etc. I actually think govts are so used to peddling their lies unchallenged that it's probably a bit of a shock that lots of people are speaking up and disagreeing with them on this.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've heard if there wasn't all that lobbying by dave dorn et al and all the letters and emails they would of got that thing through EU parliament, apparently a lot of the MEPs were not initially furnished with the right info
    spud and vaping_gal like this.