Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Need for a trade association

Need for a trade association

What are your suggestions for encouraging the formation of a trade association in Australia.

Some examples ;

Hound vendors such as Juicewhore, Vapeking, VapingMad, and VapingCobra to plan phasing out their doubler business into an ejuice business, form together to help us consumer advocates get this done.

Communicate with overseas vendors to connect with the above vendors so that they can begin selling overseas ejuice side by side with Aussie premixed ejuices.

Form a kind of business union amongst us consumers

What are your suggestions?

Note:
    There is to be no discussion or even mention of A*****a in this thread. I request FM ban those who try to do so.
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    should this be in vendor general?

might get their attention. maybe an opinion of the matter from those that will hopefully be involved.

AVF Regular
    The only thing that makes sense is that vendors want the ability to sell juice with nicotine in it. It's much harder to sell a juice to the average punter when you need to inform them that they need to order nicotine from o/s from a different company and add it into a doubler.

I don't see why they need to import juice from overseas? If the market wants it then great, but I can't see why that should be a goal of theirs. Everyone has access to the same concentrates.

So basically what I'd like is for vendors to give back to the community that has provided them with profit (as well as helping their future profits) by pooling together some cash to fight for nicotine to become legalised.

I'd typed up a huge post in the last thread which I couldn't post as the thread got locked, loads of points would be pertinent here, but alas the post is lost.

Basically there is no point burying our heads. America and Europe let the cat out of the bag. If you think pharma isn't coming to Australia you have another think coming. Pharma would love to keep vaping quiet. It's much easier for pollies to ban something no-one knows about than it is to ban something people are in support of. We have limited time to make vaping prominent and get it accepted. If pharma is learning anything about e-cigs it's that they're in for a hell of a fight once lots of people are converted. Whilst vapers are in low numbers in Australia we are particularly vulnerable. At some point it's going to look like a mighty fine idea to nip things in the bud before they begin than to continue the current path of having to fight against committed bands of vapers in large numbers.

Basically we need PR ASAP. I'm not sure that vapers alone have deep enough pockets. But established businesses who can band together for PR and use it as a tax offset would certainly bloody help.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    ^^ Spot on Quom, spot on.

AVF Regular
    MAV: Suggestions? I suggest everyone looks up the urban dictionary definition of blowhard, as you proclaim to be in your sig.

Then, common sense would be to disregard anything you post in future. Id love to use some more colourful words, but that would result in a ban. You're not worth getting banned over, though you do stoop lower than most.

In return for their efforts to legalise their phase out of the doubler business into a nico ejuice business, we could print out promotional fliers for our aussie vendors and do some free advertising.

Walking from bus station to bus station handing out fliers to smokers once a week, and meet up at a pub for vape and drink.

AVF Regular
    I agree with everything you said Quom.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    What are your suggestions for encouraging the formation of a trade association in Australia.

Some examples ;

Hound vendors such as Juicewhore, Vapeking, VapingMad, and VapingCobra to plan phasing out their doubler business into an ejuice business, form together to help us consumer advocates get this done.

Communicate with overseas vendors to connect with the above vendors so that they can begin selling overseas ejuice side by side with Aussie premixed ejuices.

Form a kind of business union amongst us consumers
    Before all that happens won't they have to lobby to have the law prohibiting the sale of nicotine changed? Isn't that the first step?

If that succeeds there is absolutely no way of keeping BT out of the picture, they will immediately jump in with their cigalikes as they have in America....but at least it will mean Australian smokers will have the freedom to leave behind combustible tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I agree with everything you said Quom.

Before all that happens won't they have to lobby to have the law prohibiting the sale of nicotine changed? Isn't that the first step?

If that succeeds there is absolutely no way of keeping BT out of the picture, they will immediately jump in with their cigalikes as they have in America....but at least it will mean Australian smokers will have the freedom to leave behind combustible tobacco.
    I have no problem with Big Tobacco in the picture unless they advocate policies that would cut out smaller competitors.

I can understand the hatred for those such as BAT who are pushing for medical regulation, but RJR and Lorrilard are pushing specifically for Tobacco regulation. The problem with those companies however is that they are trying to ban online sales and (maybe) a ban on loose ejuice. Both of those issues are easy to deal with because they really have no leg to stand on with those arguments and we'll deal with them as they come.

But those companies, along with NJOY, are pumping millions of dollars into consumer awareness, not pushing for medical regulation and have claimed that they are working to improve their products. This can only be a good thing.

AVF Regular
    We have to focus on making it legal to use nicotine in Australia first

Vendors as business people will decide then which way they want to go (ie. just selling doublers or selling nicjuice)
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yep for me plan B should be to cross our fingers big tobacco steps in. I'd love to keep them out but they have the money to get us what we want.
    mavinry4 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast