Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    AVF Regular

Email from Qld health

Hi everyone i have recieved an email back from when I wrote to the minister for health Qld beginning of May

Attached is the pdf document with the Guv hyperspin
    Thanx
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you can be bothered responding to this, you could point of that the latest interim decision on nicotine ejuice from the Scheduling Secretariat is that it should be classified Schedule 4 when used as a therapeutic product. How can they make this decision if the TGA doesn't consider it to be one?

Idiots.

I just received a copy of the same letter. Here is my response:

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to point out what I believe to be several errors in the information provided. I would very much like clarification of these points.

1. Nicotine is extremely deadly in it's natural form. However, this equates to 1000mg/ml of nicotine. The nicotine content of eJuice is no more than 30mg/ml for direct usage, or 100mg/ml for "mixing solution" - this is then dilated down to the required level (usually between 2mg/ml and 30mg/ml) before use. This is no more dangerous that approved NRT methods. For example, nicotine spray is made up of the same core ingredients (as well as a few others not present in eJuice like hydrochloric acid) and this is currently exempt from scheduling.

2. I tried to find the reference made to the NCCTG decision in May of this year. I couldn't find this reference, but I did find the Scheduling Secretariat interim decision from June 2011 that states that electronic cigarette with nicotine for therapeutic use should be considered Schedule 4.

3. It is worth noting that ALL medicines are poisons. The interim decision mentioned above would seem to contradict the statement made about Queensland Health adhering to these decision. For recreational usage this information would be correct. There are several overseas studies covering both the safety and efficacy of eJuice for smoking cessation.

4. From everything I have read about the TGA's Personal Importation Scheme, it should be legal for personal usage (or immediate family). This scheme is specifically for individual access to UNAPPROVED medicines. According to the ComLaw definitions of both "medicine" and "therapeutic" eJuice should qualify since the pharmokentic effects of nicotine in smoking withdrawal are well known. This viewpoint is also support by the Royal College of Physicians.

I would like to think I am wrong, but this issue seems to come down to money rather than health. The health benefits of switching to "vaping" over "smoking" are well documented. The problem is that no nicotine eJuice supplier is willing to pay the tens of thousands of dollars required for TGA approval. I believe it is worth noting in in the 7+ years these products have been on the market, not a single case of overdose or injury has been recorded as a result.

--
    Regards,
    Sana Nolan

Brilliant work

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post

I would like to point out what I believe to be several errors in the information provided. I would very much like clarification of these points.

1. Nicotine is extremely deadly in it's natural form. However, this equates to 1000mg/ml of nicotine. The nicotine content of eJuice is no more than 30mg/ml for direct usage, or 100mg/ml for "mixing solution" - this is then dilated down to the required level (usually between 2mg/ml and 30mg/ml) before use. This is no more dangerous that approved NRT methods. For example, nicotine spray is made up of the same core ingredients (as well as a few others not present in eJuice like hydrochloric acid) and this is currently exempt from scheduling.

2. I tried to find the reference made to the NCCTG decision in May of this year. I couldn't find this reference, but I did find the Scheduling Secretariat interim decision from June 2011 that states that electronic cigarette with nicotine for therapeutic use should be considered Schedule 4.

3. It is worth noting that ALL medicines are poisons. The interim decision mentioned above would seem to contradict the statement made about Queensland Health adhering to these decision. For recreational usage this information would be correct. There are several overseas studies covering both the safety and efficacy of eJuice for smoking cessation.

4. From everything I have read about the TGA's Personal Importation Scheme, it should be legal for personal usage (or immediate family). This scheme is specifically for individual access to UNAPPROVED medicines. According to the ComLaw definitions of both "medicine" and "therapeutic" eJuice should qualify since the pharmokentic effects of nicotine in smoking withdrawal are well known. This viewpoint is also support by the Royal College of Physicians.

I would like to think I am wrong, but this issue seems to come down to money rather than health. The health benefits of switching to "vaping" over "smoking" are well documented. The problem is that no nicotine eJuice supplier is willing to pay the tens of thousands of dollars required for TGA approval. I believe it is worth noting in in the 7+ years these products have been on the market, not a single case of overdose or injury has been recorded as a result.

--
    Regards,
    Sana Nolan
    Good well spoken response..
    So even owning the hardware is illegal.
    Oh bugger gotta send an email to Qld Health for permission to evacuate my bowels.

That was well spoken soundasleep and straight to the point with the concerns and above all, truthful

Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartai View Post
    That was well spoken soundasleep and straight to the point with the concerns and above all, truthful
    Don't you mean written?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad View Post
    Don't you mean written?
    Who cares ?????????

-------------------------------

Nice reply SAS
    JuiceWhore Sig

#1 on the spaceship
    Pro-Hairy dual weilder !

Very Very well said! i am fron VIC but it should be legal,even promoted to have & sell "regulated" e cig juice. there is no logical reason for not legalising it because at the end of the day they save life! it definitly saved mine.
    i would love if all the website owners & VF members made a submission to whatever this orgenisation is & give them the FACTS. not assumptions or halfe truths suported by tobacco co & other interested parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post

--
    Regards,
    Sana Nolan
    Last edited by Avguy; 15-11-11 at 08:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    So we're Illegal even owning equipment or vaping in Qld-
    Oh Shit!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast