Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Great Hoax

The Great Hoax

I've read most of this in other articles, but never seen it all put together so succinctly ........

There's a bit of reading.

It must also be mentioned that whenever the ‘protect the children’ plea is deployed, as is increasingly the case in the current anti-smoker campaign, then you should know that this is invariably not an ‘appeal to reason’, but a much more effective mass ‘appeal to emotion’ that requires very little evidence to back it up. Cultivating the ‘perception’ is all that is needed to induce a ‘better safe than sorry’ response. It is one of the central tenets in psychological manipulation and propaganda dissemination, identified many years ago. Relevant quotes from one infamous man;

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

“I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.”

The anti-smoker campaign has already encouraged the bigot and bully resulting in discrimination and callous acts such as this! Do we really want to live in such an intolerant society held together only by threats, fear, and lies, or to exacerbate such attitudes of intolerance even more?
    'Kin_Free

Great read, and very long, just too much to comment on, however what stands out most to me is Manipulation on a grand scale and detriment to overall public health going forward!

Note: I do not feel quite so guilty now, for having smoked in the car or house while my children were young, as outlined in this article there can be benefits also.

Doc
    AVF Regular
    link is kaput for me
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

Excellent article Old Dog, definitely worth reading some of the references as well.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    : I do not feel quite so guilty now, for having smoked in the car or house while my children were young, as outlined in this article there can be benefits also.
    All those years of angst and guilt for naught !

It makes me quite angry. (Understatement)

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Wow... not sure if vaping is the answer now...
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Wow... not sure if vaping is the answer now...
    Nah, too late now ....... I've crossed the Rubicon.

If I knew two years ago, what I know now, it might be different, but if I want to inhale and exhale my nicotine, vaping has it all over smoking !

It just tastes so much better, and that's the truth of it ........ and what so worries BT and BP.

l read the report.. pretty interesting and indicative of many things I have thought over time about the relationship between infrastructure, business, science and other.. Would prefer to see some properly funded research from a non biased organisation (If that exists) with all things discolsed and clear if such a thing exists that is...

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    Would prefer to see some properly funded research from a non biased organisation (If that exists) with all things discolsed and clear if such a thing exists that is...
    Oogy,
    I agree but there would be no (financial) reason for anyone other than BT or BP to do a study so I couldn't see it ever happening.

A very interesting article, and I think the science on passive smoking is quite erroneous and influenced by the anti-tobacco hysteria, as it says. However, the rise in cancer in developed countries is quite easily explained not by a drop in smoking, but in an increased life expectancy. Most cancer is largely a function of ageing. You have to die of something. If you avoid death from infections, heart attacks and strokes, which have massively dropped in the last 20 years, you then have more time and more ageing cells to develop cancer. So it is still a good thing to give up combusted tobacco!

Figure1.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast