Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Smoking banned in Major Malls in Perth

Smoking banned in Major Malls in Perth

Will be interesting to see what they do with e-cig users...

Smoking banned in Perth's pedestrian malls - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    The lies have gone much, much further than any sane person could possibly have predicted 20 years ago.

"Families and especially children are enjoying these spaces more than ever before, and we know that passive smoking is a very big problem,"
    A child who inhales a dispersed waft of second hand cigarette smoke in an open air space about once a fortnight is a 'very big problem'...when everyone can see that it takes 20 plus years of daily smoking before any serious negative health effects show?

They can tell people till the cows come home that passive smoking in open air spaces is a gravely serious matter, but those of us who grew up in the 70's know better because we saw the opposite, with our own eyes, ffs!!!

AVF Regular
    Professor Daube says the ban will also reduce healthcare costs.
    ummmm ... oh, yeah, for sure, absolutely! massive reductions in healthcare costs just around the corner. :facepalm:
    Vapes of Groth, JenJ and spud like this.

srb
    AVF Regular
    When will it all stop! the world has gone crazy.
    spud, Mangopuppy and Rossco like this.

so its been in since Jan 30 this year ummmm i have never been booked or seen anyone booked

AVF Regular
    yep..its all bollox the open air stuff, its just upping someone's political profile thats all, even chappman doesn't believe in this shite.
    spud likes this.

yep screw enviromental cancer causing things like pollution and overindustrialisation.... its all the smokers fault... if we ban them, healthcare costs go down, the environment will fix its self and the equalibrium of the universe will set itself right...

They're going all out because they can. People have rolled over and accepted the lies for so long now, that most people are too afraid to speak out on behalf of smokers. Evidence of harm (actual evidence), is no longer even needed for them to dog whistle up the antz. Once again we see the "wont someone please think of the children" line being brought out for another for another flogging, based on nothing but getting an emotive response. FFS there are more people in the country than "families with children" but this is being forgotten. There is 25% of people in this country that are single and live alone, and it seems that these people don't deserve to use public open spaces and enjoy a smoke or vape, or even a beer, (if you think this is excessive just wait, alcohol is on the hit list). This demonisation of a minority, (in this case smokers), has gone way beyond any public health issue, it has become a witch hunt, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to start seeing violent attacks on smokers in the near future. This might appear to some people to be a bit paranoid, or an exaggeration, but being the child of Jewish refugee parents, I can see a lot of parallels, with the demonisation of people who did nothing but be born a particular ethnicity. Rationality and reason just don't come into it, when evidence goes out the window, and emotion comes in.

I would encourage all smokers to stop spending any money in the shops and businesses in the Perth CBD, its not like they are offering anything that can't be gotten elsewhere. They don't want smokers around, fine, let them suffer the drop in sales.

I intend to apply the same boycott against businesses that swallow the anti-vaping line. If they don't want me to vape in or around their business, I will respect that, but they can do without my dollars, and I'm happy to let them know why I wont be giving them any business, and be recommending my friends and family do the same.

I'm gonna take off the ranty pants now, but mark my words.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Ooo, you're scary spud!! lol!

But I'm sure 20% of the business owners/employees in the CBD are smokers and hate this ruling too...as you said though, too scared to speak out in their own defense. I wouldn't be punishing them.

But it's a horrible feeling to be persecuted for no good reason and there not be a single thing you can do about it. Certainly gives me a new respect and compassion for people everywhere who really were/are persecuted in far more tragic ways.

Still, this is supposed to be an enlightened society. Pathetic, really really pathetic.
    Last edited by JenJ; 06-11-13 at 12:16 AM.
    spud and vaping_gal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Ooo, you're scary spud!! lol!

But I'm sure 20% of the business owners/employees in the CBD are smokers and hate this ruling too...as you said though, too scared to speak out in their own defense. I wouldn't be punishing them.

But it's a horrible feeling to be persecuted for no good reason and there not be a single thing you can do about it. Certainly gives me a new respect and compassion for people everywhere who really were/are persecuted in far more tragic ways.

Still, this is supposed to be an enlightened society. Pathetic, really really pathetic.
    Because this is a state sanctioned hate campaign people are scared to speak out in their own defense, and they have good reason to be. Smokers have been dehumanised, have a look on some of the anti-smoking web sites, or even in the comments sections of your local papers, smokers are talked about as if they are not human beings, but as sub humans. Then look at the way every persecuted minority group is treated or has been treated in the past, and how much worse this treatment becomes when it is state sanctioned.

As this is ramping up, (and it is ramping up because the antz have to justify their own existence, and in order to do this they must go beyond reasonable into the realms of the irrational), we will start to see actual physical violence. The greater the fear, (and this whole "think of the children" crap is about escalating the fear of parents that their children are in some sort of danger), the more irrational the response.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I do think it is important that we be fully aware of what is going on here.

In the end it all comes down to power and money, and what better way to give legitimacy for extracting ever more money from a minority group, than to get people to think that they deserve to be punished.
    vaping_gal and Mathy like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast