Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: A longitudinal study of electronic cigarette users

AVF Regular

A longitudinal study of electronic cigarette users

Very nice news indeed

AVF Regular
    Wow, very impressive results!....they can't possibly have been using cigalikes. Tug do you know what sort of device they were using in this study? I have to log in to get more details.
    spud likes this.

Very impressive results and similar to the results we seem to get here on AVF, quite different to the NZ study results as well.

I wonder if it's because people who join a forum are more motivated to quit the coffin nails or if joining a forum keeps you better informed and encouraged?
    spud likes this.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Part of the conclusion
    taken from The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: New Study Shows that Among Committed Electronic Cigarette Users, Dual Use is a Gateway to Smoking Cessation
    "Most e-cigarette users were former smokers, who used e-cigarettes much like nicotine medications, to assist quitting, but with a longer duration of use. During the course of one year, use of e-cigarettes was remarkably stable in this group, even in those who had recently started to vape. Among vapers, very few ex-smokers relapsed to smoking, even among recent quitters. Dual users of e-cigarettes and conventional cigarettes reduced their cigarette consumption after they started to vape, and about half had stopped smoking at 1-year follow-up."
    margyb, tugboatofdeath and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    @JenJ no I don't, but I'm sure it will become clear as I'm guessing the details are behind the paywall, somebody out there will review
    spud likes this.

This was done via email thru a questionnaire. It started dec 2012 and every 3 months I got an email to take a few minutes to answer more questions. Questions were the same throughout the year , such as when was ur last smoke? What strength of nic in ur eliquids? Rate ur cravings etc. so over the 12 months they analyst our ecig behaviour.
    I'm sure it was this forum that led me to b a part of the study so there will b others members. It's a very positive study and full credit to Jean-François Etter for undertaking the research into this.
    Google Translate
    This is the site of the study
    tugboatofdeath, Olfella and spud like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

This study also demonstrated for the first time that the nicotine e-cigarette can enhance working memory performance. Good stuff .... there's hope for me yet
    margyb, Olfella and spud like this.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    It's a very positive study and full credit to Jean-François Etter for undertaking the research into this.
    He has been busy, looking at e cigs.
    Jean-François Etter - research profile on BiomedExperts
    margyb, lozza 82 and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    Some very interesting studies, I'll be having an in depth look at this person's work, thanks for posting the link
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by tally-ho View Post

I wonder if it's because people who join a forum are more motivated to quit the coffin nails or if joining a forum keeps you better informed and encouraged?
    I think you have hit the nail on the head
    margyb and lozza 82 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast