• 3 Post By arjay55
  • 3 Post By oogy
  • 2 Post By porkchop
  • 1 Post By tugboatofdeath

Thread: Has anyone read this?

AVF Regular

Has anyone read this?

This is a fairly old article.

I wrote to the TGA about their webpage stating that e-cigs contained toxic chemicals and carcinogens, asking which studies that cited this they referred to. They wrote back with a link to a list of citations, one of them was this article published in The New England Journal of Medicine in July 2011.
    http://www.einstein.yu.edu/uploadedF...20Products.pdf

Reading it was a bit disturbing, especially this bit:

...like the Favor inhaler of the late 1980s, which therefore released no visible aerosol. Favor reached the market briefly but was removed by the FDA. After the technology was sold to a pharmaceutical company, it eventually earned FDA approval as a safe and effective smoking cessation aid (like the nicotine patch and gum) and was rereleased as the Nicotrol inhaler.
    Wow, nice work FDA. Nothing like government sanctioned theft.

The funny thing is they don't seem to have the faintest clue that what they do is pure fascism...they just rabbit on like it's all ok and above board. I know it's naive to be shocked, but I didn't realise how openly smug and controlling they are in their little rarefied world of money and privilege, looking down from a great height at the docile worker bees and making decisions about what they can and can't have without any attempt whatsoever to consult with them.

They want these things tested but they have thousands and thousands of people right below their turned up noses who've been testing them for years...why the f*ck don't they ask us?
    Last edited by JenJ; 07-11-13 at 10:48 PM.
    arjay55, Robray, lozza 82 and 12 others like this.

I'd like to give you 6 likes but couldn't work out how to do it. Hold on . . . I just did.
    jen, JenJ and spud like this.

Super Moderator
    Oops wrong thread lmao !
    Last edited by Fatman; 07-11-13 at 11:40 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

the answer is easy.. profit.. profit from tobacco companies as long as is financially pheasable .. allow smoking to be semi acceptable to prolong the process then medicalise it, make more profit.. when the profit slows too much then introduce yet another old "medical process" market it as new thing and profit some more... keeping in mind that behind all the medical and legal and even vaping .. tobbacco and all related industiries are making a killing.. keep in mind too that even tho research may be a loss for loss area ... there is a profit to be had there too.. anyways who knows what happens behind closed doors.. as you say " but they have thousands and thousands of people right below their turned up noses who've been testing them for years..." I actually believe that they might have done some peliminary research and it may surface sometime down the track.. depending on the profit to be made and for whos pockets

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    This is a fairly old article.

I wrote to the TGA about their webpage stating that e-cigs contained toxic chemicals and carcinogens, asking which studies that cited this they referred to. They wrote back with a link to a list of citations, one of them was this article published in The New England Journal of Medicine in July 2011.
    http://www.einstein.yu.edu/uploadedF...20Products.pdf

Reading it was a bit disturbing, especially this bit:

Wow, nice work FDA. Nothing like government sanctioned theft.

The funny thing is they don't seem to have the faintest clue that what they do is pure fascism...they just rabbit on like it's all ok and above board. I know it's naive to be shocked, but I didn't realise how openly smug and controlling they are in their little rarefied world of money and privilege, looking down from a great height at the docile worker bees and making decisions about what they can and can't have without any attempt whatsoever to consult with them.

They want these things tested but they have thousands and thousands of people right below their turned up noses who've been testing them for years...why the f*ck don't they ask us?
    Gresh11, spud and Cumulonimbus like this.

AVF Regular
    Yes. Vapers are slowly becoming the collateral damage as the result of BT vs BP war. Govt simply just want to dip some cash out of it.
    spud and Cumulonimbus like this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, Government, Public Health and Scientific institutions hand in hand skipping around ring a-round the roses. Although Pop Goes The Weasel might be more approriate.
    oogy likes this.