• 3 Post By sushiaddiction
  • 1 Post By sushiaddiction
  • 6 Post By Rose
  • 3 Post By sushiaddiction

Thread: MAOI, Nic = Strong addicton [study] 2003

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

MAOI, Nic = Strong addicton [study] 2003

You may have seen this already.

Transient behavioral sensitization to nicotine becomes long-lasting with monoamine oxidases inhibitors
    http://www.gwern.net/docs/nicotine/2003-villegier.pdf

I found this interesting.
    Got my first PV today. Thank you Mr postman. Started vaping today at 18mg and found I was getting way too much nicotine but still wanted to smoke. Had one cigarette and felt fine.

Before I was smoking thin rollies with a holder. I guessing I was getting below half the nicotone of the usual smoker. Probably have to drop to or below 12mg and have one or two cigarettes a day as well for a week or two.
    Anyway, there is something else in tobacco that you miss at first. Next I've got some herbal stuff that I will smoke to see if that does the same thing.
    tally-ho, maggie and Pipesub like this.

I've stopped (cold turkey) smoking several times before anywhere from 3 months to 3 years.
    Every time I tried using patches, gum, inhaler, I got this weird withdrawal feeling. With all of them I was totally dosed up on nicotine. Any approved product sucks @$$.

First day adjusted juice from 18mg, then 12mg, then 8mg and finally 6mg. Must because I smoked thin(5.6mm) rollies with a pipe holder (18 to 25/day). Anything above 6mg is too strong.

First day started vaping - I had 6 cigarettes (one every 2.5-3hours). Used about 1ml juice.
    Second day - 6 cigarettes mixed 1 part tobacco, 2 parts herbal (earth impact) and found it worked just as well as the first day. Used 1.6ml juice at 6mg. Tried one with just the herbal. It helped but not enough to get rid of that strange feeling.
    Third day - 4 cigarettes mixed 1 part tobacco, 2 parts herbal + 1 cigarette at full strength (made me feel like throwing up). This proves I'm slowly getting over the addiction to the nasty stuff in cigarettes

Seems slowly reducing tobacco concentration is the best idea and works much better than reducing the number of cigarettes. Will continue with 1 part tobacco 3 parts herbal and keep reducing.

Probably something to do with MOAI, ammonia and something else because the herbal cigarette did help a little... not psychosomatic.
    This makes me think smoking juice extracted from tobacco on a regular basis is a bad idea.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    When I first started vaping I quit the cigs the same day. I had cravings for a smoke a few times a day for about 2 weeks. Then it was about once a week, and continued to decrease until my last ever craving at the 3 month mark. Looking back it was incredibly easy compared to all my other quit attempts, which all looked a bit like this:

Actually, that could be an ad for Champix.
    margyb, JenJ, banger and 3 others like this.

I still get the odd craving for a ciggy especialy when i just saw a 99 year old guy light up on 60minutes just now. hehehe.... I might vape till i am 85 if the govt doesnt stop me and then jump back on the ciggies for the last 15years if they are still available when that time comes hahaha...
    In constant chain vaping....Because vaping nicotine makes your mind more active.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post

Actually, that could be an ad for Champix.
    I laughed hard when saw this... so tragically perfect. Descending to 7th level of Hell.

@necro I really didn't want to hear that honest reply. Lie to me. I'll believe you. You don't miss them and therefore there is no possible way I will either.
    Makes me nervous. Every so often I get a bad headache and I make some caffeine citrate to kill it. It works good and also launches you into orbit but damn it makes me want to smoke a lot.
    I guess it's good to know you can resist.

Oh. to make caffeine citrate the easy way (I don't) mix a strong bean coffee with lemon juice.
    margyb, JenJ and necro like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    When I first started vaping I quit the cigs the same day. I had cravings for a smoke a few times a day for about 2 weeks. Then it was about once a week, and continued to decrease until my last ever craving at the 3 month mark. Looking back it was incredibly easy compared to all my other quit attempts, which all looked a bit like this:

Actually, that could be an ad for Champix
    LOL I didn't scroll all the way down and missed the important bit