Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: meanwhilst in london and the us...

meanwhilst in london and the us...

Big Tobacco Goes Social - ECF InfoZone

Wonder when and if we will get a vapebar? Interesting politics here...
    margyb, mavinry4, Olfella and 1 others like this.

Dear B.A.T,

Nice attempt to persuade us, but please make a decent refillable VV ecig, or GTFO.

Regards,

Mav
    margyb and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    LOL I can imagine gangs called 2nd Generation and 3rd Generation hanging outside that bar ready to pounce
    mavinry4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ooooh, they all best not mess with "The Mechanics Gang" - we've got the lowest ohms, the shiniest mods and the biggest clouds on the block.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

It would be interesting if this back fired, and people just went along because you can vape, with their mods, ego setups and really nice juice, or are they intending to make it a brand exclusive club?

I suspect that in trying to push their brand of cigalikes, they are trying to divide vapers in to opposing groups, cigalike vapers, and those that only use 2nd and 3rd gen gear. A sort of snobbery, which leads to intolerance and exclusion? The seeds of this are already there, and if we are not aware of this sort of strategy of divide and conquer, we (as vapers), don't want to be used, however inadvertently, to further the profits of BT, by getting caught up in any attempts at social engineering.

Just a thought.
    oogy likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    LOL I can imagine gangs called 2nd Generation and 3rd Generation hanging outside that bar ready to pounce
    As long as they are pouncing and giving out free 2nd gen starter kits, and decent juice
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Its a good point! The marketing strategies are very different.. it was also what probably helped sell me on the V2s when I started and made me even consider spending more on the v2 sister product starter kit (So glad I didnt in the end) .. cigalikes target the more mainstream and no fuss crowd where as the rest seems to be more cottage industry.. (despite the money behind the scenes) .. I wonder too about these cigalikes... If legalisation of ecigs for any reason fails.. it would be logical for tobacco companies to make a bid for them on medical grounds as they are more easily regulated and could easily be repackaged that way...

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    It would be interesting if this back fired, and people just went along because you can vape, with their mods, ego setups and really nice juice, or are they intending to make it a brand exclusive club?

I suspect that in trying to push their brand of cigalikes, they are trying to divide vapers in to opposing groups, cigalike vapers, and those that only use 2nd and 3rd gen gear. A sort of snobbery, which leads to intolerance and exclusion? The seeds of this are already there, and if we are not aware of this sort of strategy of divide and conquer, we (as vapers), don't want to be used, however inadvertently, to further the profits of BT, by getting caught up in any attempts at social engineering.

Just a thought.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    I hope the vapers in London group together and take over the place! Anyone who goes there for the cigalikes will see the bigger clouds of vapour and yummy smells coming from them and many will move on to better things....surely they can't make it a brand-exclusive club?

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    Its a good point! The marketing strategies are very different.. it was also what probably helped sell me on the V2s when I started and made me even consider spending more on the v2 sister product starter kit (So glad I didnt in the end) .. cigalikes target the more mainstream and no fuss crowd where as the rest seems to be more cottage industry.. (despite the money behind the scenes) .. I wonder too about these cigalikes... If legalisation of ecigs for any reason fails.. it would be logical for tobacco companies to make a bid for them on medical grounds as they are more easily regulated and could easily be repackaged that way...
    I think you are correct oogy about what is behind the BT push into cigalikes. It is also perpetuating and ingraining the mindset that for a nicotine delivery device to be successful, it must resemble the old tobacco cigarette design, as if this was some pinnacle of design brilliance. I actually think there is strong evidence that this is an idea put into the minds of smokers, rather than smokers necessarily wanting something that "looks" like a cigarette. (Although I know there are smokers for which this "look" is important). This would explain why so many people who decide to make the switch to vaping, don't stay on the cigalikes very long, (if they start on them at all).

Do people buy cigalikes because:

a) they are more freely available and are advertised on TV etc.

b) people want to "look" like they are still smoking.

c) they are perceived as easier to use than 2nd or 3rd gen.

d) people simply don't know that other forms of vaping gear exist.

e) people really like the taste of cigalikes.

f) all of the above.

Be interesting to see some research on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I hope the vapers in London group together and take over the place! Anyone who goes there for the cigalikes will see the bigger clouds of vapour and yummy smells coming from them and many will move on to better things....surely they can't make it a brand-exclusive club?
    There is nothing in the law that says they can't make their club brand exclusive, as far as I know. I doubt if you went to Micky D's and started eating your own sangers they'd be happy for you to sit in their restaurant, (I use the term very loosely).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast