Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 0 nicotine vaporisers

Question 0 nicotine vaporisers

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I have been noticing there are some vaporisers that don't have any nicotine in them and they come in interesting flavours. I just wanted to find out if any of you know how they are different to regular e-cigarettes in terms of regulations and legislation. Are there any standards that these devices need to meet before being sold?

CCC
    no you can buy that crap at the markets or tobacconist or supermarket stall or servo. All crap though.
    margyb, Crisscross and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Strange question? I haven't heard of any vaporisers being sold with ejuice already in them, but you might be talking about cigalikes, or e-cigarettes.

As far as I know there is no difference between e-cigs with nicotine and without nicotine..except that one has nicotine and the other doesn't! Both come in a variety of flavours.

If you have a PV (personal vapouriser) and you buy e-juice for it, it's the same deal. You can get the e-juice with 0mg nicotine, or with nicotine of various amount per ml (but the latter, only from overseas).

In terms of legislation, in Australia it is illegal to sell e-cigs with nicotine, but legal to sell without nicotine....the same goes for e-juice that you buy to put in your PV.

Regulations; at the present time there are no official regulations but most reputable vendors try to clearly label their products, all of which have no nicotine in them, as per the laws in this country.
    Last edited by JenJ; 12-11-13 at 10:04 PM.
    spud likes this.

thanks guys,

any ideas what government or non government agencies/departments would have access to information or might be able to help if I'm interested in bringing a product like this in from overseas?

AVF Regular
    Try the TGA (Theraputic Goods Administration) website. But I can tell you now the law states you may only bring in enough for personal use, not for supply or sale.

Can you tell us why you are asking these questions?

AVF Regular
    You can bring in up to 3 months supply of nicotine for personal use. If you are bringing in 0mg, then I'm not sure you will have any trouble at all. A little more information on what you are planning would help

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Hi guys,

One of my friends overseas sells this and he asked me if I would be interested in buying some and selling it here. This is referring to a 0% nicotine model, so I wanted to get a little bit more information as I'm not very familiar with this product.

I noticed this forum and I thought it would be a helpful place to start

I've written to customs about this in the past 3 months and can confirm they don't have any problems importing 0mg e-juice because it isn't a tobacco product. No taxes due. I think there is a limit of $1000 on imports before they care.

I would write to customs for yourself.. that way you have some written evidence.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ausvaper View Post
    Hi guys,

One of my friends overseas sells this and he asked me if I would be interested in buying some and selling it here. This is referring to a 0% nicotine model, so I wanted to get a little bit more information as I'm not very familiar with this product.

Honestly, don't bother. 0 nic cigalikes are worse than useless. The bulk of sales would 1 offs with little repeat business, and likely a lot of cranky buyers.
    CCC likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ausvaper View Post
    Hi guys,

It's hard for me to understand why you'd want to sell something you know nothing about? As Nakor said, 0mg cigalikes are pretty useless, I can't imagine anyone would buy more than one to use as a silly party trick or something.

Does you friend sell a lot of them overseas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast