Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Are e-cigarettes the perfect disguise for smoking pot in public?

Are e-cigarettes the perfect disguise for smoking pot in public?

Enjoy

Are e-cigarettes the perfect disguise for smoking pot in public?

AVF Regular
    Totally, see it done every day....chicks use agos or ago style pen 'vapourizers' and say theyre vaping synth. Outside......I think everyone can smell the difference but noone says anything because they didnt say anything initially so its kind of sewn up haha. good for me i stress out if i cant have thc on shift. now i dont have to use a leaky pipe. just a shitty coil 'vapourizer'

AVF Regular
    Good for them, better than smokin' it
    fifthflo and oogy like this.

AVF Regular
    SAS summed this topic up very well a couple of years ago when someone was asking for "medical reasons" hehe.......

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    I took a few minutes deciding whether or not I should post this at all, but in the end I figure that a) the information is out there already and b) it shows why using THC in an e-cig is a total waste of time.

If you are going to use illegal herbs and don't want to smoke 'em then just stick with a vaporizer. Why?

THC has an activiation point. It needs to reach a certain temperature before it "works", which is why if you eat a bud or two it won't do anything. When you smoke a bowl or roll a joint, the burning is hot enough for the THC to reach the necessary temperature. The atomizers in an e-cig just don't get hot enough for it to work.

This is why when using herbs with a vaporizer you need to wait 10 minutes or so before it's ready - it's warming up to the right temperature.

You CAN use THC in an e-cig. I'm not going to go through the whole process, but here is the basic gist of why it's a waste of time:

1. You need roughly one gram of herb per one ml of PG.
    2. You need to keep the PG at just below it's boiling point for about 12-16 hours.
    3. Can you imagine doing this for less than an ounce? You're talking test tube and bunser burner territory to maintain <28ml of PG at just below boiling for that long.
    4. The resulting activated THC has a shelf life - about one month max before it goes off and potency drops from day one.
    5. For it to work well, you need good herb. Bush weed isn't going to cut it.

So basically, yes, it is possible, but it's a total waste of time. If you are sick enough to need THC for medical reasons then just roll a joint and be done with it
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 15-11-13 at 12:42 AM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Did someone's great grandmother write this or something? Any stoner, or person under 30, knows that herb vaporisers have been around for years. They are commonplace, easy and cheap to buy, and far more efficient and effective. Why would anyone bother trying to fart around using an ecig?

And who said it emits an odourless vapour?? I can smell a pot vapouriser from 50 meters away...and any flavoured e-juice has a smell as well.

Where do these people get off writing crap about stuff they know absolutely nothing about?
    oogy and spud like this.

"THC has an activiation point. It needs to reach a certain temperature before it "works", which is why if you eat a bud or two it won't do anything. "

I'm confused, there are a lot of California Medicinal MJ shops selling cookies, mints, "lollypops" and brownies that are going to do absolutely nothing?
    Unless the temperature in question is 37 deg C.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    "THC has an activiation point. It needs to reach a certain temperature before it "works", which is why if you eat a bud or two it won't do anything. "

I'm confused, there are a lot of California Medicinal MJ shops selling cookies, mints, "lollypops" and brownies that are going to do absolutely nothing?
    Unless the temperature in question is 37 deg C.
    Cookies reach "activation point" when baked in the oven, the THC starts to degrade from the moment they are taken out of the oven. That is my interpretation of the above text.
    GirlyPantz and Pipesub like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Using marijuana in food is more of a novelty than anything else....ive never heard of anyone using high quality herb to make fancy sauces or anything its always the leaf or kif and its boiled down into butter and used in cakes, cookies etc. Ive eaten a few some have tasted good, some shocking.....but yea the whole 'different' stoned is an utter myth, i dont think eating it has medicinal benefit.

Weed vapourizers are not cheap. Well I dont call $250 cheap. Compared to a basic 2nd gen ecig set up like an ego. The only 'vapourizers' you can get for cheap are not vapourizers they are simply the ones I mentioned above - agos. So you dont know what youre talking about JenJ.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Just do yourself a favour and fork out for a Volcano...

My friend mentioned to me about these things in the US selling from vending machines, who'da thunk it?

I also saw at my local tobacconist, an "e-joint" which was just a re-branded disposable with a pot leaf logo, for $14.95. That's only 3 cents per puff! I asked if it had any actual substances in it, it didn't.
    fifthflo likes this.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Regular
    I've been thinking about getting some of the pot flavoured e-juice just for fun and using it at work. Just a stealth vape here and there to get everyone scratching there heads and trying to work out who's smoking pot, or do it near some pigs for a laugh. Could be a bit dicey though, I wouldn't want to give the ANTZ any ammo. Lotsa fun I reckon!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast