Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: So I spoke to the Victorian Police today...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

So I spoke to the Victorian Police today...

Called into the cop shop to have a document certified, and although this may be seen as "poking the bear", I decided to tactfully see what the low down was....I pulled out my Provari, here's a loose version of the convo:

Me - So tell me, do you know what this is? (Plonks Provari on counter)

Policeman - Um....what is THAT?!!

Me - This is an e cigarette!

Policeman - Never heard of it. How does it work (by this stage he's holding it and I'm desperate to get it back) just as another policeman walks out and they both stand there fascinated by this thing....

So, I start explaining all about it and how it works and the research I've done on the laws and the whole "import 3 maths supply but can't use it in the device" thing. Then they asked me if I had nicotine in the liquid...."no way!!" I answered.....they both laughed. Then, they asked me to demonstrate it!!

I said "hang on, if I do, you can't arrest me cause YOUVE asked me to show you yes?".....mind you this whole time we were all having a bit of a laugh etc and I could tell they were not looking for anything to nab me on....so I had a couple of vapes. They were amazed, and impressed. One of them told me his wife smokes and he wants to know more so he can get her a PV haha....gave him a Vapebar card.

Anyway so basically they said to me they had no idea of what the laws are regarding Ecigarettes and Nicotine liquid. All they could liken it to was the situation with bongs and crack pipes and the like, but had no idea if I was breaking the law or not.....and in the end one of them said what I was hoping he would say :

"We have way more important policing to be doing instead of booking someone who's trying to quit smoking, so don't worry about it too much". They were really nice blokes and definitely put my mind at ease to an extent.

Of course....they don't make the rules though, so I don't think my convo with them really means much at all, but thought I'd share it here for anyone interested.

AVF Regular
    Nice to hear that Jimmy
    Thanks for sharing
    Jimmy VanZeno likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I've had much different experiences than this one lol.
    Jimmy VanZeno and kaktus1970 like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Super Moderator
    Just be careful the S.C.W.A.T.* boys dont storm your house tonight dressed in flak jackets and wielding tasers " HUP HUP HUP !!! "

(*S1mon Ch4pman Wat A Twat )
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 7 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

If anyone would like a photo of Jimmy's testicles I hear NASA is still exploring the footage. Apparently, you can see them from space.

(Nice one Jimmy).

Off topic, I got stopped by the QLD police the other day for pushing two bikes. I guess that does look a little suss though. They were cool. Did the usual history check. Wish I had my PV on me
    "And you are very kindness, thank you very much for your help too." - Thanks, Overseas supplier of shiny things.

They may have been freindly and all but you can bet your life if they thought they could nab you for it they wouldve had you locked up quicker than you could say "Noooo My Provariiii" ....................
    T7x likes this.
    In constant chain vaping....Because vaping nicotine makes your mind more active.....

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    They may have been freindly and all but you can bet your life if they thought they could nab you for it they wouldve had you locked up quicker than you could say "Noooo My Provariiii" ....................
    ^ +1
    Had them try to tell me mine was a weapon and wouldn't let me touch it to demonstrate... when I got it back the juice tasted shit :l
    Do you know de way 👺

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    ^ +1
    Had them try to tell me mine was a weapon and wouldn't let me touch it to demonstrate... when I got it back the juice tasted shit :l
    LMFAO weapon!

You should have agreed with them & said "yeah this is my Provarisaber, when I press this button the laser shoots out to look like a lightsaber"

Freaking morons.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

All VicPol cares about is generating revenue.

I once had a cop car on the opposite direction did a U turn and speed up to pull me over, he then said "random breath test mate".
    The F***, of course it's random hey, you just did a U turn for me and it's random?

Mind you it's on Lygon st 40kmh zone and driving a sports car is the only reason they pull me over.
    T7x likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    LMFAO weapon!

You should have agreed with them & said "yeah this is my Provarisaber, when I press this button the laser shoots out to look like a lightsaber"

Freaking morons.
    It was the biomech mod with a kayfun with clear window and sanded down drip tip on top so it does actually look like some type of massive syringe or a weird bong but the reaction was one of the most hostile I've had from the police.
    kaktus1970 likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast