Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more

AVF Regular
    Hello everyone
    Just letting you know I have resigned my position on the AVA committee

I thought the AVA was going to be about fighting for our rights to vape
    Too many naysayers on AVF against contacting the legal authorities. Too much infighting on here has made my decision easy

Just after all the threads last night relating to HV were closed
    I posted this last night on this thread and it was immediately deleted ( so I am expecting it to be deleted again )
    Ecigs. Our right not to smoke Tobacco. by Vince van Heerden - GoFundMe

Please close the thread before it causes more grief for the mods
    Let the naysayers stick their heads in the sand and wait for appeal to be over
    The NSW Health department are waiting to see if the case is appealed and you can bet your life they are Drafting Amendments into the Tobacco Acts ATM
    I will continue to support the WA appeal anyway I can

I want to fight for the right to vape

Go ahead boys and girls spam away

I wish the AVA all the best for the future and I will continue to help the WA appeal
    Last edited by margyb; 24-04-14 at 02:01 PM.
    lozza 82, JenJ, spud and 2 others like this.

Well said Margyb, I too asked for my details to be deleted last night and received an email from a commitee member today confirming my request, the secrecy surrounding 'selected commiitee member' names and not knowing where they stand disappointed me .. still happy to support worthy causes whether they're VAA related or not ... my choice
    margyb and Christine J like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I haven't been following this issue too closely since it erupted into a clusterfuck, but what has the AVA done?

Sounds to me like lots of people are throwing their toys out of the cot and blaming the AVA because their is no magical all powerful organisation that will make this go away.
    lozza 82, Mick77 and DMC971 like this.

No, not at all ( in my case, anyway) before all this kerfuffle started, I and a few others have offered to help and asked what if any progress has been made regarding the AVA, our requests were brushed aside and the gist seemed to be, we'll tell you when we're good and ready, in the meantime, we're not allowed even to know who was on the committee never mind any subject of discussion, we were told a certain person was spokesman, but no word from the spokesman himself, apparently only certain ( longtime?) members are considered trustworthy, ... as it is, some of the nay sayers in the present farce may be committee members themselves and I can't dismiss the level of abuse, accusations and deliberate trolling which has taken place so decided not to be involved at all,
    JenJ, spud and Christine J like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    No, not at all ( in my case, anyway) before all this kerfuffle started, I and a few others have offered to help and asked what if any progress has been made regarding the AVA, our requests were brushed aside and the gist seemed to be, we'll tell you when we're good and ready, in the meantime, we're not allowed even to know who was on the committee never mind any subject of discussion, we were told a certain person was spokesman, but no word from the spokesman himself, apparently only certain ( longtime?) members are considered trustworthy, ... as it is, some of the nay sayers in the present farce may be committee members themselves and I can't dismiss the level of abuse, accusations and deliberate trolling which has taken place so decided not to be involved at all,
    Doesn't sound like abuse to me ... Sounds like someone there had some common sence... Good for them
    lozza 82 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    How could naysayers be members of the AVA when they work for WA health?

Wow.
    mrsgruffy and DMC971 like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Fair enough, Maggie. I respect your decision, but it does appear to be made on assumptions.

I'm not sure what's is going on with it, as I have mentioned before, I am not a member, and wouldn't become a member of any association until I could read its constitution. However I don't feel they really need to disclose everything on a public forum and can't understand why people think they do.
    Last edited by CMB; 24-04-14 at 01:44 PM. Reason: for = of
    lozza 82 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    How could naysayers be members of the AVA when they work for WA health?

Wow.
    You just wait till you see the rest of the conspiracy. Epic I tells ya.

AVF Regular
    The simple reason (which has been put on the forum previously) that not much information has been made public, is that another 'messiah' has a habit of picking information and ideas straight off this forum and running with it.
    lozza 82 and Nakor like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    An email now and again to those who have applied for membership couldn't hurt...
    JenJ and maggie like this.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast