Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more

i thought about it KBM, count me in. if i cant do all i can to help and maintain the future of ecigs in Australia , then im not just doing a disservice to myself but others as well.

I would urge anyone else that is passionate about vaping and believes in the direction of the association to put their name forth to contribute as a committee member. The larger the numbers and the more contributions the stronger we are in achieving vaping awareness and the goals of the association to maintain rights to a safer smoking alternative.
    margyb, keyboardmama, spud and 3 others like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    Timmah, I will have a look tonight after work and see why you didn't receive the email I sent. I will need your real name for that though, if that is how you sent it in. PM it to me and I will see what happened..I have had some emails sent that never got to their destination. I apologise to anyone else this may have happened to, and will get it sorted tonight.

As I spelt out in the above post, we are a group of Australian vapers. AVF is merely the main platform we are using at present. Other vapers will also be approached from other avenues, there are plenty of methods to get through to them, but up until I got the forms out, and recruited more committee members, I was just one person working alone, and can only do so much in a day.

You have to remember, until we as a committee get together and actually establish the association,

The reason we are asking people what their nicks are, and the only reason, is to ...erm...should I say this...hell yeah...because I do not want any of a certain persons cronies to apply for the committee. Pure and simple.

As for knowing your avf nic, I don't care whether you like to dress up in frilly pink underwear, train surf and post online about your exploits, our fledgling association has already been hurt by a certain person - first by planting a mole in the initial WG - and second by stealing our name. I will not stand for any more of that sort of crap, and that is the ONLY reason we decided to ask for nics.

Don't forget, any members information is privileged, and will not be used or disclosed in any way, apart from VAA business. That is an absolute stone clad guarantee.

For anyone who is not going for the committee or office bearer roles, you don't have to fill in your avf nic. You heard it here first. For anyone else, it is there for a reason, and you would be mature minded enough to realise this.

Thank you

PS I have just edited my OP to reflect that fabricator_4 is also a committee member. Well done to him, will be a great asset to the VAA.
    Hey KBM, I found your email on my phone :P I thought I'd set it to IMAP but it was on POP, so the email didn't come through to my computer. Sorry about that.

I understand it's fairly small right now, so sorry if I sounded ungrateful :P

Also, I don't think I can be a committee member due to a conflict of interests. I don't know what the policy is on having vendors on board. And no - I'm not the guy, nor do I have anything to do with him.

Cheers mate

@ lozaa great news and I am so glad you are on board

@ timmah glad you found the email
    lozza 82 likes this.

Good on you KBM
    Last edited by Donna; 26-11-13 at 10:18 PM.

Retired Account
    Donna, I don't think that's worth bringing up again.
    From what seems to have emerged out of that storm in a tea cup, it was a vendor trying to cause trouble suffering from a huge case of sour grapes after being banned from this forum.
    Some AVF members were rather appalled by a display of unethical behaviour, and reacted to it.
    We have bigger fish to fry and enemies to defend ourselves against than a narcissistic businessman.

The last thing I'm trying to do is bring it up again. All I'm suggesting is maybe someone should do something about it being top on the list when anyone does a search in Facebook. Maybe set up a user account on facebook in the name so this doesn't occur in the future. If you would like I would be happy to do it.
    oogy likes this.

Retired Account
    That's a great idea, Donna. I have reserved both a group and a page for Vapers Australia Association on Facebook
    Not much there yet, but as we get things sorted, we'll be adding more information to it.

AVF Regular
    sent my form off today.
    was being sneaky at work so no subject line or content apart from the form
    margyb likes this.

I got your form thank you Brian.

I will do a count up tomorrow after work and see where we are at. Getting a lot of new members coming in, thank you to all who have sent in their membership applications, I have replied to everyone whose form I have received. If you have sent your form in and have not heard anything from me, PM me on here and I will check it out.

Cheers

So sorry to bother you, but I can't find the Constitution that is referred to on the Membership Application Form.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Cheers - The Gardener.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast