Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more

We haven't written the constitution yet. That statement was included on the member forms when they were going to be used for paid memberships after the association was formed. I just used those forms for expressions of interest of memberships at this point.

We have been guided by a constitution so far that is fairly close to what ours will be, but it would be doing everyone a disservice if we were to release that, and would no doubt cause confusion when the proper one gets put out. As ours will be shaped to reflect our unique circumstances of being an online based association.

The constitution will be written up as soon as we all get together and thrash it out, and will be released to all interested parties before we start asking for memberships to be paid.

I thank you for the question and hope I have adequately answered it for you Gardener.
    Last edited by keyboardmama; 27-11-13 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo its too late
    margyb likes this.

Hi Guys - this is my first post, so probably no better way to start. I have downloaded and completed my application form and sent it off. As soon as I get a chance I will head over to the new members section and say hello.

AVF Regular
    Done
    margyb likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Hi KBM, I sent a form off yesterday morning, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Cheers
    Darren
    margyb likes this.

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

Is it OK to complete the form, but strike out reference to the as-yet unpublished Constitution? After all, it's hard to sign for something that is yet to be formed or has not yet been made public. Please advise.

Also, what are the annual Dues (membership and privilege fees) likely to be? And what will their benefit be, and what will they support and how?

Sorry to be so commercial about it, but I would rather know more about what I can sign up for.

If these queries aren't to the organisation's taste or are premature, please let me know via PM so that I can invalidate this post.

Best Regards - The Gardener.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

Hey dash
    Just checked and your form is there. I will send you through a reply to your email, but just wanted to reassure you on here. It definitely wasn't there last night, but I think the servers I use sometimes take a while to get stuff through to me for some reason.

Gardener, you are absolutely able to strike out those bits, if they are not to your satisfaction. The only bits that matter to us at the moment are the ones with the asterisk. The membership fees have not been negotiated yet, and will be set up to cover the running costs of the association. That is all, as websites and hosting fees are not free, nor are a lot of other things. There will no doubt be costs that we have not even thought of yet.

You always have the option to opt out before paying any membership fees, once you hear how much they are, and what they will cover, and that is your prerogative. But like I have said many times, this association will not be a profit making venture, and the membership costs and all financials will be completely transparent and available for any member to look at whenever they wish. Indeed, I think that is a legal requirement of an association such as this.

When we know, you all will know.

Regards
    margyb and essiemessy like this.

Hi KBM, I've had another couple of attempts to get the form through.
    margyb and keyboardmama like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    Hey dash
    Just checked and your form is there. I will send you through a reply to your email, but just wanted to reassure you on here. It definitely wasn't there last night, but I think the servers I use sometimes take a while to get stuff through to me for some reason.

Gardener, you are absolutely able to strike out those bits, if they are not to your satisfaction. The only bits that matter to us at the moment are the ones with the asterisk. The membership fees have not been negotiated yet, and will be set up to cover the running costs of the association. That is all, as websites and hosting fees are not free, nor are a lot of other things. There will no doubt be costs that we have not even thought of yet.

You always have the option to opt out before paying any membership fees, once you hear how much they are, and what they will cover, and that is your prerogative. But like I have said many times, this association will not be a profit making venture, and the membership costs and all financials will be completely transparent and available for any member to look at whenever they wish. Indeed, I think that is a legal requirement of an association such as this.

When we know, you all will know.

Regards
    At the risk of sounding flippant, name your price, I say. It's important enough to me to be cool with whatever it costs.
    The ugh bit is that it would come across as flip from the likes of me, who has little time, attention span, or skills to actively participate. I do apologise for that.

Essie, I think you are asking what the membership fees could be? I can't say what the membership fees will be, because we simply have no idea at the moment. Do we know how much it will cost for say the website, and hosting? Prices vary greatly. Will we decide to put out stickers, leaflets and assorted other promotional items? Probably, but how much will they cost? No idea, because we don't even know what they are going to be yet.

Bottom line, to work out what the membership fees will be I would have to calculate the length of a piece of string, and multiply it by infinity and beyond, then divide it by the number of pigs I see flying out the window next time I look. They will not be exorbitant, and I would like for the association to consider something like tiered options, but we haven't even had that discussion yet.

When we know, you will all know And there is no way in the world I would simply pull a figure out of the air and say yeah it will be around that, because that will lead to confusion. Especially if that figure is way off what the actual fee will be.

In other news, I have had a few people post me forms, but they haven't worked. I have replied via email, but had no replies as yet. I don't even know who they were on here, so if anyone has sent forms and haven't heard anything, please try again.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Not at all, KBM. Whatever fees turn out to be is absolutely fine with me.
    keyboardmama likes this.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast