Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more

Australian Vapers Association - all you need to know, and lots more

Hi all

This is a (really long) post to inform you all about the currently forming Australian Vaper’s Association – the AVA.

For quite some time there have been rumblings in the vaping world about the need for an association that could be a representative entity for all vapers and the issues we face on a daily basis.

Some people felt that you shouldn’t poke a sleeping bear, but the bear is waking up now anyway. If we shut our eyes to it, we will just be at its mercy. Vaping has grown hugely, and will continue to do so, and it is na´ve to think that we can just sit quietly by and nothing will change. There will be changes, of that there is no doubt; we need to be at the forefront of those changes, and be an established association who is a force in their own right, who can show the powers that be that we are more than capable of organising ourselves, thank you very much. We need credibility.

The AVA needs to be the go to vaping authority when the media come calling, so any information put out there is accurate and reliable, and paints vapers in a positive way. We also need an association who will be capable of talking to MP’s, parliamentarians, community groups and anyone else who needs to be told, and spreading the good vaping word among them. We need the AVA to be the go to site on the net when people need to know the latest news concerning the rights of vapers in Australia. We need it to be a lot of things, but put simply, we need it.

The AVA was finally realised earlier this year when one of the newer vapers to AVF, BigKev, ran with the idea and asked for volunteers to set up a Working Group (WG) who would get together and look into whether an association would be a possibility. It was basically the task of the WG to ascertain whether or not an association for vapers, by vapers, would be able to work, what its aims and objectives would be, where the members would come from, what the name would be, how it would be set up, etc. A bunch of vapers got together, and set the ball rolling, under Kevs guidance, which was awesome as he has had lots of experience with clubs and associations, and knew what he was on about. Each of the WG members had a task to carry out, and they carried it out with dedication, zeal and professionalism.

The members of the WG were:
    Mrsgruffy (ably supported by Mrgruffy of course)
    Keyboardmama
    Tally-ho
    Genecigs
    Megan
    BigKev

Now the WG has been disbanded, and the fledgling AVA has put the call out for member applications, as well as nominations for committee members and office bearers. This can be any one of you. You certainly do not have to do or be anything special. Though you will acquire that “special” status just by getting involved. All you need is a passion for making sure vapers in Australia are not screwed over by those muppets (SC et al, I’m looking at you) who seek to treat us as the lowest form of life on the planet – lower even than smokers!

To that end, it is intended that the AVA will endeavour to accomplish a number of aims.

Our number one aim is to not lose any access to anything we currently have. When I write this, I think “nicotine”, and our ability to bring it in to Australia as freely as we do now. I love vaping, and do not want to be forced back onto the smokes, when I have finally found a way to give up the smokes, get my quality of life back, and save money. As well as meet up with some fabulous people along the way. How many of you would be happy to go back to smokes now, or risk breaking the law? That could easily happen if our ability to bring nicotine in as we do now is curtailed.

This gives rise to another potential aim. And that would be to work out a way to be able to allow nicotine to be freely sold within Australia. There are many ways we could go about this, but that is a discussion for another time.

On the subject of AVF, and how it relates to the AVA. AVF is owned and run by Jato0spry, and as such is nothing more to the AVA than a platform to get the message across to as many vapers as possible. The two should not be confused. Committee members are also individuals on AVF (at this time) and as such will have their own ideas and thoughts which may not always reflect those of the AVA. If anything is posted by the AVA, it will be clearly displayed, so there is no confusion.

Current AVA committee members are:
    Fatman
    MrG
    MrsG
    Lozza
    Megan
    Tally-Ho

The call for members will also be put forward on other vaping forums, but until the new AVA site is set up, we will be aiming to simply recruit as many members & committee people as possible. It is envisaged memberships will be paid, as the cost for running the site and the associated costs with it won’t be large, but will be there. We will not be seeking to make profit, as we will be running under the banner of a Not for Profit Organisation (NPO). We are not asking for membership fees at this time, as we need to get the AVA set up first. Once we are ready, all people who have already filled out membership forms will be contacted, and they can pay their fees at that time.

Rest assured this association will be run properly, and with complete transparency. As is the case with any NPO’s. We will be setting up a constitution, and that will be the rule book by which we operate. It will be a bit of a challenge, seeing as it will be predominantly based online, but we are up for a challenge. We are vapers, after all.

I envisage our membership base being consulted for a lot of decisions, because there is no use being an association run by vapers, for vapers, if those vapers don’t have a say in it. The committee and office bearers will merely be the facilitators, but it is up to each and every vaper to make the AVA a success, and a force to be reckoned with in Australia.

For membership forms here is what you need to do:

PDF Application Form instructions
    1. Click the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwG...it?usp=sharing
    2. Click 'File' and then 'Download'
    3. Select 'Open'
    4. Press the add text icon (third from the left)
    5. Select 'Add Text' on the right panel
    6. Fill in the form
    *Proceed to step 7 if sending form through email. Skip to step 10 if sending form via EchoSign in Adobe.
    7. Click 'File' and then 'Save As'
    8. Press 'Save'
    9. Send your form to australianvapers@gmail.com as an attachment via email

* If sending via EchoSign in Adobe
    10. Click 'Signed. Proceed to Send' tab on the right
    11. Click 'send via email'
    12. Enter the details and click 'Deliver'

Word Application Form instructions

1. Click the link https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=file%2c.docx
    2. Click 'Download'
    3. Select 'Open'
    4. Click 'Enable Editing'
    5. Fill in the form
    6. Click 'File' and then 'Save As'
    7. Press 'Save'
    8. Send your form to australianvapers@gmail.com as an attachment via email

Any hassles with the form, let Lozza know.

The committee are looking forward to many more memberships coming in, and will be only successful in this endeavour, and maintain vaping for ourselves and future vapers, with support from all of you.
    Last edited by keyboardmama; 07-06-14 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Added new form instructions and updated minor issues
    GirlyPantz, margyb, CMB and 10 others like this.

For anyone who has emailed me an application form and have not heard back, could you please try resending it. I reply to each and every email I get, and will tell also you whether the form worked or not.

If you haven't heard anything from me, it will be because for some reason the email has not reached me.

Cheers

I never got an email.

Also, do you want this to be a group of people from Aussie Vapers or a group of Australian Vapers?

To wit, you shouldn't be asking people what their nicks are. I do not wish to reveal my real name in association with my nick because I like to post some really stupid shit sometimes.

I would suggest asking Aussie vendors if they're willing to ask customers if they would like to become a member.

We are not the only vapers in Australia. I would like to think we're in the minority.
    GirlyPantz, pippo, oogy and 1 others like this.

Timmah, I will have a look tonight after work and see why you didn't receive the email I sent. I will need your real name for that though, if that is how you sent it in. PM it to me and I will see what happened..I have had some emails sent that never got to their destination. I apologise to anyone else this may have happened to, and will get it sorted tonight.

As I spelt out in the above post, we are a group of Australian vapers. AVF is merely the main platform we are using at present. Other vapers will also be approached from other avenues, there are plenty of methods to get through to them, but up until I got the forms out, and recruited more committee members, I was just one person working alone, and can only do so much in a day.

You have to remember, until we as a committee get together and actually establish the association,

The reason we are asking people what their nicks are, and the only reason, is to ...erm...should I say this...hell yeah...because I do not want any of a certain persons cronies to apply for the committee. Pure and simple.

As for knowing your avf nic, I don't care whether you like to dress up in frilly pink underwear, train surf and post online about your exploits, our fledgling association has already been hurt by a certain person - first by planting a mole in the initial WG - and second by stealing our name. I will not stand for any more of that sort of crap, and that is the ONLY reason we decided to ask for nics.

Don't forget, any members information is privileged, and will not be used or disclosed in any way, apart from VAA business. That is an absolute stone clad guarantee.

For anyone who is not going for the committee or office bearer roles, you don't have to fill in your avf nic. You heard it here first. For anyone else, it is there for a reason, and you would be mature minded enough to realise this.

Thank you

PS I have just edited my OP to reflect that fabricator_4 is also a committee member. Well done to him, will be a great asset to the VAA.

Hey KBM, can I just check is it Vapers Australia Association or Vapers Association Australia? I've been known to get my acronyms wrong in the past (Margy take note!) and wouldn't want to make that mistake again hahah.
    GirlyPantz and margyb like this.

It's actually Vapers Australia Association, but after reading your post it actually sounds better the other way. Ah well, too late now, we protected this name prior to releasing it so it wouldn't get stolen.

Either way, the acronym is still VAA. I think I've heard about your acronyms Donna.
    margyb and Crisscross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    It's actually Vapers Australia Association, but after reading your post it actually sounds better the other way. Ah well, too late now, we protected this name prior to releasing it so it wouldn't get stolen.

Either way, the acronym is still VAA. I think I've heard about your acronyms Donna.
    Great thanks. I'm sure I'll be able to remember AAV. oops I mean VAA! At least it doesn't have the word tobacco in it. That would have thrown me completely.
    margyb and keyboardmama like this.

ive just sent off mine now, hopefully it worked ok but I just read the op about user names in the file title after sending it. I have included a message with my email of who I am but if u need me to do it again, just let me know
    margyb likes this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Hi KBM, thanks for all the hard work. I still haven't been able to get my form through, but you know I'm there in spirit. I'll definitely join up (one way or another) once I finish this run of night shifts and my brain returns to daylight.
    margyb likes this.

No worries tally-ho, I know you are onboard, so all good.

Lozza, I received your form, thank you very much, and I have sent you a reply
    margyb and lozza 82 like this.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast