Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By porkchop

Thread: Underage use?

Question Underage use?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times but I've looked over this forum and the internet for a good half an hour and nothing has answered my question. What are the laws surrounding no-nicotine disposable vaporizers purchases for minors. I understand those under 18 cannot buy a nicotine product but these have no nicotine and they're just sitting out on the counter at the corner store, no under 18 signs or anything. If so I would like to know what specific law is covering this? Australian laws please all i could find was US laws. Just curious, thanks.

I don't believe there are any laws restricting the sale of non-nicotine ecigarettes to people under 18.

However, ecigarette vendors have taken the initiative to not sell them to under 18s anyway.

I am aware that anti-ecig people have attempted to contact some ecig vendors posing as people under the age of 18, in order to build a case against selling ecigs even to adults. It's a terrible use of logic, only understandable by puritanical prohibitionists.

Thankfully, our vendors are smart enough to not fall for such tricks.
    lozza 82, spud, vaping_gal and 1 others like this.

What are the laws surrounding no-nicotine disposable vaporizers purchases for minors. I understand those under 18 cannot buy a nicotine product but these have no nicotine and they're just sitting out on the counter at the corner store, no under 18 signs or anything. If so I would like to know what specific law is covering this? Australian laws please all i could find was US laws. Just curious, thanks.
    my question would be what is your concern about these nicotine free vaperizers? without nicotine they are not addictive, and the other ingredients are unlikely to be harmful from what we know, so does it just bother you that they look like cigarettes and could potentially be used by under 18s? I suspect the shop owner is looking to sell them to smokers, and without nic because that is what the australian laws dictate they must do (even when selling to adults). so there is nothing shonky going on, they are not trying to get around age laws by removing the nicotine, the reality is, they can not supply them filled or with nicotine regardless of age.
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 02-12-13 at 02:09 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vaping_gal View Post
    my question would be what is your concern about these nicotine free vaperizers? without nicotine they are not addictive, and the other ingredients are unlikely to be harmful from what we know, so does it just bother you that they look like cigarettes and could potentially be used by under 18s? I suspect the shop owner is looking to sell them to smokers, and without nic because that is what the australian laws dictate they must do (even when selling to adults). so there is nothing shonky going on, they are not trying to get around age laws by removing the nicotine, the reality is, they can not supply them filled or with nicotine regardless of age.
    What, are you doing a survey or something? Sounds like it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I have nothing against vapers as I said i was just curious because the laws around them seem to be a bit blurred. Thanks for your answer

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    I have nothing against vapers as I said i was just curious because the laws around them seem to be a bit blurred. Thanks for your answer
    Troll....

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    What, are you doing a survey or something? Sounds like it.
    get over yourself, I'm merely pointing out to the op that the nic laws for ecigs are different to the ones concerning the sale of cigs to under 18s. I thought that was obvious, but the op probably isn't aware of this and thinks it all comes down to nicotine not being allowed for sale to minors.
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 02-12-13 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    the laws around them are different to actual cigarettes which just makes it all the more confusing. kids can buy cigarettes as long as they look over 18 or have an id, but even adults can't buy ecigs with nicotine juice in them, which just goes to show how twisted the laws are

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vaping_gal View Post
    get over yourself, I'm merely pointing out to the op that the nic laws for ecigs are different to the ones concerning the sale of cigs to under 18s. I thought that was obvious, but the op probably isn't aware of this and thinks it all comes down to nicotine not being allowed for sale to minors.
    Sorry vaping gal. My comment was directed at carlton. My mistake.

AVF Regular
    Legally, no nic one is fine to all age. Morally, tobacconist don't want to sell to minors. For those pineappled anti vaping groups they don't have legal ground to challenge in court under current legislation so they are building the case to argue from moral point of view.
    spud likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18