• 8 Post By Donna
  • 2 Post By kay67kay
  • 1 Post By Donna
  • 1 Post By vaping_gal
  • 2 Post By kay67kay

Thread: The Rest of the story - Dr Michael Siegel

The Rest of the story - Dr Michael Siegel

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary

"CDC and Glantz Misinformation Campaigns on Electronic Cigarettes are Working: Media Disseminating False Conclusions to Public"
    Robray, margyb, lozza 82 and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    it's good to see people calling the antz out on their ludicrous claims, but i fear the damage has already been done. just about every person i've spoken to in depth about ecigs has heard and taken on board one or other of the fallacious claims flying around. it's all "oh, but i heard this about them" or "don't they cause this or that (negative thing)". it can be very disheartening.
    margyb and youngvaper34 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    it's good to see people calling the antz out on their ludicrous claims, but i fear the damage has already been done. just about every person i've spoken to in depth about ecigs has heard and taken on board one or other of the fallacious claims flying around. it's all "oh, but i heard this about them" or "don't they cause this or that (negative thing)". it can be very disheartening.
    Actually Kay, in the last week the google searches I do are coming back with much more favorable news items than they have in the weeks before. I have a feeling the tide is a turning. Let's hope so anyway.

Or maybe it's because BT and BP see money to be made and they can't have public perception going against them can they. I'm not cynical at all.
    margyb likes this.

and this is the problem is that people hear little bits and pieces and take them onboard, because they aren't really interested so they rehash these little tidbits which the media use to grab people's interest. I've used my pv in front of my OTs last week and the only comment I had was "oh I've never seen one of those", no complaints etc so far, so I guess I'll just quietly spread the word through action and exposing some people to it a bit at a time
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    it seems to go in cycles. there'll be some articles and we all go "well, pineapple! what a load of old pineapples", then there'll be some where we all go "oh, that sounds promising/positive" and then more pineapple ones, then more positive ones. i hate the uncertainty of it all.
    Donna and vaping_gal like this.

it seems to go in cycles. there'll be some articles and we all go "well, pineapple! what a load of old pineapples", then there'll be some where we all go "oh, that sounds promising/positive" and then more pineapple ones, then more positive ones. i hate the uncertainty of it all.
    The problem is that people are influenced by what the media says, and some people still think what the "news" or current events shows say is truth and gospel as well. so every negative article or piece will influence some poeple, just like every postive article will, but for people who don't smoke or have never had reason to look into the vaping issues properly, they are the ones just going off the sound grabs and bytes that the media uses to attract attention as a person is walking past the tv set or going to a commercial break etc. people who are interested in the truth, are most likely not even sitting down to watch that nonsense because they know it's all just bs and sensationalised