Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: EU negotiations : Things don't look too good

This appears to be the final document being put up. It hasn't been signed yet though but the big cahoona has recommended "no split" prior to the adoption of the directive?????? I believe he has asked for thoughts from each party in this regard. Most in the EU seem to feel it is a forgone conclusion but are lobbying the leaders of each party.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/...PDF+V0%2F%2FEN

AVF Regular
    More interesting reading

This is a violation of the custom and democratic practice
    Posted on February 21, 2014
    Save e-cigs | www.saveecigs.com
    spud, Donna, vaping_gal and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I had a flick through quickly (not in detail) and it seems they've kept the 20mg/ml limit (which sucks), but they do mention refillable containers. So at least they managed to get that small victory it seems.

It's still not looking real good from what I see. They still have insane requirements for refill bottles and refillable containers, and are still demanding consistent nicotine dosages "under normal usage". Here's hoping "normal usage" means a consistent dosage of nicotine for a given setting, vape draw time, and vape draw force (which I would think that's what they mean for "normal usage") rather than expecting a consistent number per button press (regardless of other factors - which is what the old paper sounded like they were expecting, which would be more like a medical device than a low risk recreational smoking alternative).
    margyb and spud like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    double post sorry

AVF Regular
    Not sure if this has been posted

European user associations call to MEPs: Don’t succumb to the tobacco industry!

Appel des associations européennes aux eurodéputés : ne favorisez pas l

European vapers’ associations have written to all MEPs asking them to ignore the lobbying of a federation which whilst claiming to represent the European e-cigarette trade, appears instead to promote the interest of the tobacco industry. If MEPs accept the extreme regulation of e-cigarettes proposed by the new Directive, they will be serving only to protect the tobacco industry from its most formidable foe!

20 February 2014
    MEPS! DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY! DO NOT APPROVE THE ANTI E-CIGARETTE PROVISIONS OF THE TPD!
    Letters have been sent from TVECA, which represents one part of the electronic cigarette industry, to the President of the EU Parliament and to the Rapporteur and Shadow Rapporteurs, expressing support for the e-cigarette provisions contained in the Tobacco Products Directive. You may have seen a copy of these letters. You may have noted that the TVECA logo represents a map of the United States. You should be aware that the market there is more oriented towards relatively inefficient standardised products that mimic classic cigarettes than it is in Europe. It is exactly the kind of market that is of interest to the tobacco companies, which is why they are buying into it. If you approve the e-cigarette provisions contained in the TPD, you would be benefitting the tobacco industry. The restrictions you would have imposed will severely slow down and in many cases completely stop new products being developed that are very dissimilar to classic cigarettes. The complete ban on advertising you would have decided will benefit only the tobacco industry whose customers will be deprived of the opportunity to discover a formidable competitor that is infinitely less harmful. Please request that the e-cigarette provisions in the TPD, notably Article 18, be considered separately from the rest of the Directive. Otherwise, you will not be striking a blow against the tobacco industry; you will be protecting it. Signed as testified by their em
    blems by the Independent Vapers’
    Associations and Organisations of Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Poland, Czech republic and Hungary. PS: Please note that on 6 February 2014 we also addressed a request to the President of the EU Parliament Mail to Martin Schulz, President of the EU Parliament | EVUN - European Vapers United Network but to date have received no reply; not even an acknowledgement.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Interesting, but not associated directly

Iceland moves to withdraw EU application | News.com.au

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Hi all - (I haven't introduced myself, will do that later) ... I was not aware that EU politics are also subject of discussions in Australia! Please keep your fingers crossed for us next Wednesday - things are really not looking good, as atm some of those who loudly claimed that they support us throughout the process, now are backing out - especially Rebecca Taylor.

We are appalled, frustrated, disappointed -- but then: politicians only cherish you as long as you are useful for them.... afterwards they will drop you like a hot potato!
    margyb, spud, Rhojin and 1 others like this.
    Best regards, Hazel

Super Moderator
    Hi Evun welcome to avf

Yep we watch the EU and the US alot I think its because our Australian government normally follows their legistations in part or draws ideas from them at the least (what ever makes them look better and to tax us more mainly imo lol)

anyways you will love it here theres loads of info and friendly ppl

oh and good luck to you all for wednesday
    spud and EVUN like this.

A press release published the 25th but dated the 26th already discloses the vote of tomorrow by the parliament : tinyurl.com/owlpcce

Finally we have the proof: EU is not only EU-SSR, but also a banana rebublic!

WE ARE ANGRY AS CAN BE!
    margyb, spud and sushiaddiction like this.
    Best regards, Hazel

AVF Regular
    Any links please EVUN ?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast