Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pretty sure these would be illegal in WA

Pretty sure these would be illegal in WA

My mother just showed me one of those deal sites selling e-cigs:
    Quit smoking now with the E-Cigarette – No nicotine, chemicals or smells. Looks, tastes & feels like a normal cigarette! ‹ Deals I Love – Daily Deals on amazing items

I thought WA had specific laws about things not looking like analog ciggies. These look like ciggies to me...

Also, are they claiming health benefits? It is in their health and beauty section.

I think they may be a bit buggered if taken to court.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Yup, you are quite correct. In WA these are illegal. The getout for them is that on the WA section of their site I cant see them advertises. No problem buying them interstate and importing, This outfit is based in Europe , and have products based on country location.

Site Title: dealsilove.com.au Daily Deals ‹ Deals I Love – Daily Deals on amazing items [ Titles History ]
    Alexa Rank: #68,636
    Load Time: 3.219 Seconds (Faster than 15% of sites)
    Pagerank: PR1
    SEO Score: 60% (How to optimize Dealsilove.com.au?)
    Web Safety: Safe
    Child Safety: n/a
    Daily Visitors: 1,663
    Daily Pageviews: 4,158
    Daily Bandwidth: 2.66 GB (82.31 GB/month)
    Daily Revenue: $16 USD
    Website Worth: $5,770 USD
    Primary Traffic: au Australia (Alexa Rank #1,653 in Australia)
    CMS Platform: WordPress 3.4.1
    Theme Colors:

#
    #
    #
    #
    #

IP Address: 141.101.113.21 , 141.101.123.21 , 190.93.240.21 , 190.93.241.21 , 190.93.242.21
    Server Location: eu Europe
    Language: en-us
    Charset: UTF-8
    Page Files: 48 Images (47 Alts, 44 Titles)
    timmah and vaping_gal like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

yeah, I think the wa law means that a vendor based in WA would get in the poop for selling these, the closest the wa health dept could find was a wa vendor selling 510s? I think, so an interstate vendor wouldnt be under their jurisdiction I don't think.

ps. my eroll rolled up today, and I did wonder if the package got opened if I would lose it or not, but pppffft to the wa health dept, cause I'm not going to hide it and they'll have to wrestle it out of my hands if they want it
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 04-12-13 at 10:37 PM.
    Robray and timmah like this.

AVF Regular
    I've seen stalls selling cigarette lookalike ecigs in 2 major malls in the 2 weeks.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've seen stalls selling cigarette lookalike ecigs in 2 major malls in the 2 weeks.

Heaven forbid, report the bastards!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

shh, that's between them and their health dept
    ps. I think the wa govt wasted enough money on the ill conceived first attempt to shut down an ecig vendor and it was pretty obvious they were using this "technicality" to try and ban ecigs, luckily the judge saw things differently
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 05-12-13 at 12:35 AM.
    Robray and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    it's strange, cos i still see the ads for clever smoke on the tele over here in good ol' wa. dunno how they're getting around the stupid law

i came across one of these stalls the other day at carousel, the nice lady was trying to sell me a "electronic nicotine-substute inhaler" that was the same shape and length as a small cigarette but instead it was all black..
    on top of this she said it used disposable cartridges that cost $40 each that would last an average smoke a week...
    if this want funny enough the whole time she was giving me the speel i was puffing away on my innoken MPV and in the end i left giving her useful advice on PV's and provider her several trustworthy american sites to import her juices from
    spud likes this.

I guess the thing that got me about the ad is that they're selling it as a smoking cessation tool which is illegal as the tga hasn't approved it.
    vaping_gal likes this.

AVF Regular
    it's really bad when these clueless twats tout their lousy cigalikes as smoking cessations devices. it's something we consciously try and avoid, as it's just ammo for the antz in their quest to regulate the daylights out of ecigs. by not claiming they are a quit aid, we are making no medicinal claims about them and therefore negating the argument that they need regulating as medicines. these vendors who do say they're quit aids could be hurting our cause more than they could possibly know.
    spud and vaping_gal like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast