• 1 Post By avtek
  • 1 Post By Donna
  • 2 Post By vaping_gal
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: NYC proposes ban of ecigs in public places

NYC proposes ban of ecigs in public places

NYC eyes electronic cigarette ban in public spaces

Quote from the article..........
    "Those second set of measures were more about sociology and denormalizing than they were hard medical science," Gennaro said on "Squawk on the Street." "We thought it was important to make sure smoking was completely denormalized."

It seems now they are acknowledging the science but changing the goal posts. Let's ban immunizing children just in case they think it is normal to put a needle in their arm and become heroin addicts!
    Olfella, spud, vaping_gal and 1 others like this.

It's been the only reason why they wanted to ban ecigs the whole god damn time.

All this talk about the dangers of gateway, dual-use, noctine toxicity, traces of carcinogens are bullcrap red herrings to distract people from their absurd notion that vaping normalises smoking. They know that people wont buy their bullscrap, so they make vaping out to be much worse than it is. They don't want to admit that their method of tobacco control - a force based, authoritarian method - does not work. They don't want to admit that the free market has the potential to solve the tobacco smoking epidemic.

Olfella, maggie, Donna and 1 others like this.

margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    It seems now they are acknowledging the science but changing the goal posts. Let's ban immunizing children just in case they think it is normal to put a needle in their arm and become heroin addicts!
    Love the analogy....

I have to say though, the e-cig industry can be it's own worst enemy. In the ad accompanying that article they say "No tar, No pollution, the new way to experience smoke" and "Smoking Anywhere". We accuse the anti vaping people of aligning vaping with smoking.....and then you see an ad for vaping which does exactly that. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....the e-cig industry needs to distance itself from smoking not align itself. It's not smoking, there is no smoke.

It's about time we sw some ads featuring long time smokers who are now smoke free due to PVs/vaping/e-cigs.
    Last edited by Blaktop; 20-12-13 at 08:11 AM.
    lozza 82, spud, AstroBoy and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    its a done deal - legislation has now been approved for nyc

"Devices Now Prohibited In Same Places As Traditional Tobacco Products"

City Council To Vote On Indoor E-Cigarettes Ban CBS New York

Pineapples
    avtek likes this.

Wonder if we will see some civil disobedience? Or will vapers just roll over like smokers have? Home of the brave, land of the free? Nah. Just shows you how much people are brainwashed, controlled, beaten down, and compliant with the wishes of the corporate rulers.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

"Some opponents of the ban said they are considering a lawsuit against the city on the grounds that the law is overreaching, Rincon reported."

I think this is the only way to challenge these ecig laws is through the courts, they have no logical or legal basis IMO so they need to be challenged legally. It makes no sense that someone give up smoking tobacco and becomes a non smoker, then has to stand outside with smokers to vape, just so the Ive never smoked crowd don't get confused. utter bs.
    lozza 82 and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    ugh!! why can't they all get it through their thick skulls!! there is no tobacco. there is no combustion. there is no SMOKE!!! it's not smoking, it's vaping. for pineapple's sake .... GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    spud likes this.